Anyone use the Trackimo GPS tracker?

Reaction score
Anyone use the Trackimo 3G GPS Tracker?

I placed an order for one on 03/03/17 and received the order confirmation in my email.

On 03/13/17 still no arrival so i checked the order status online and still said it was processing. So I emailed them and got a BS excuse saying the package must have been lost and they would ship another.

On 03/16/17 It says shipped

On 03/18/17 It finally arrives I plugged in to charge like the directions say to do for the first 24 hours. It never showed any lights in front like the directions say to indicate if it's charging, charged, or turned on. It just made clicking sounds, but i left it plugged in anyway in case it was just a really low battery.

Today 03/19/17 I tried to turn it on to activate and of course nothing. No lights, no connection, no activation.

Is there some trick to getting this thing turned on?

Kinda makes me nervous to run it. Seems like a shitty product with bad customer service.......

Mine works perfect . You have to install battery. Then charge. Take outside turn on & blink green picking up signal. It's all pretty easy & customer service was excellent. When you first charge the red light will stay on. While charging red light might blink red. Trackimo customer service is fantastic you shouldn't have any problems. I love trackimo

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Mine came with a dead battery, wouldn't light up, charge, etc. Support sent me a replacement next day along with a free charge cradle. Other than that minor hiccup mine's been fine. Support was pretty on the ball also.

That's good to hear. I was worried about the service, because they asked me to try and jump start the battery by using a new 9V battery and connecting the + to + and - to - between the 2 for 45 seconds and then install the battery and let charge. I tried it and left it charging all day. Still did nothing but make those clicking sounds, so I emailed them again. Now waiting for the response.

Yeah, funny part with mine was that the one that came with the unit was dead as a doornail and wouldn't charge at all, yet when I got the replacement I put it in the included cradle and it charged just fine, so in the end I got a spare battery. Like you though I was a little put off that my brand new out of the box "Factory Tested" device (as they claimed) was essentially a paperweight until they sorted it out. Been 2 months now with no issues.

I bought mine from trackimo.com not 3rd party vendor. Did you guys also buy from trackimo? I can't seem to figure out how to turn it off. It either discharges to 10% & I get a push & have to recharge ever 3 days. I have it set to alert me when 10%. But don't know how to just turn unit off. I could just let battery die completely & see no harm & then charge it before I actually use it. How do you turn trackimo off? Anyone know? Nice that you got a charging cradle & extra battery. Thank you

I can't seem to figure out how to turn it off
Per the Trackimo FAQ:

"To power the device OFF Press and hold the Power Button until the locator status LED Indicator begins to flash quickly. This will take approximately 2 seconds. The locator status LED indicator will shut off when the device has properly shut down."

When you turn it on you press and hold the power button, and the green light under the SOS button will come on.
To turn it off press and hold the power button and the top left blue light should light and the red light under the SOS button will flash about 8 times then all lights should shut down. That's how mine works as I just verified in my hands.

And yes, I bought mine direct from Trackimo. I will say that their documentation isn't the most user friendly. Like whether or not it also has Bluetooth since their app shows the Bluetooth icon but there's nothing about a pairing mode. I'm assuming not :p

Reactions: The Ghost
I've had mine for a year and a half now, it was pretty good for the first 10 months, but lately it is erratic-will not track, is especially bad in IOS, and customer service leaves alot to be desired. I have had to go onto their facebook page to get a response since they will not respond to emails and it frequently will not track at all. I charge the battery every two days-it is always on, so it's not like I have no experience with it, I use it to track equipment everyday.

If I were to do it over again I'd get something else, and even though I am paid up to October of this year I doubt I'll be using it much longer since generally it is not a very good tracker. I am convinced they did some sort of software or system change in early December, because since then it is erratic at best, and coupled with terrible customer service, it has become pretty much worthless.

Hey mmtphoto, same experience here. Had it about two years and worked great to begin with. Then in 2017, ...nothing. I wrote CS and they just said, "upgrade to a 3G Trackimo". Well if money grew on trees, that might be a good idea. Hasn't worked a single day since January. I'll be looking elsewhere too when my sub runs out in June.

Hey mmtphoto, same experience here. Had it about two years and worked great to begin with. Then in 2017, ...nothing. I wrote CS and they just said, "upgrade to a 3G Trackimo". Well if money grew on trees, that might be a good idea. Hasn't worked a single day since January. I'll be looking elsewhere too when my sub runs out in June.

Your problem is the technology you bought into not the Trackimo product. It was well known in advance that 2G service was going away but you bought the technology anyway. No different really than the people that buy the cheapest 4 year old tablet they can buy and complain it can't keep up.

My 3G trackimo works great! I don't understand how to use the Bluetooth tracking feature but everything else works perfectly

I'm about to file a claim with PayPal about my issue. I'm still waiting for them to resolve it. I was told on 3/22/17 that they would send me a replacement battery because this one arrived stone dead and won't accept a charge.

On 4/6/17 I asked about the battery since nothing was received. (No response from them)

Today 4/10/17 I asked again if there was any updates on the case. (Still waiting for their reply)

Their customer service really sucks! That's for sure.....

I had just opposite experience with trackimo service. Excellent service & customer care. My experience couldn't get any better. I bought from trackimo directly. Not amazon or 3rd party vendors. Good luck

I've had mine for 18 months now first 10 months were ok but since renewal has been nearly worthless imo. If you are getting responses from CS you must be a first year fish.

Yes I'm in 1st Year but I did buy the new 3G model. It was about $60 more but after trying rfv16 & 2g network & not being able to get it to work at all I wasn't going to try 2g trackimo. Nothing but perfect so far. I like it a lot. Hope I don't have problems like yours but so far c/s & trackimo has been great [emoji106]

How you like the find your drone on the djigo4 app. Seems like it works good for me so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers