Anyone use the 4hawks raptor XR to boost their Phantom pro 4 v2 signal?

Reaction score
Ive been looking to boost my signal for my phantom pro 4 v2 and bought a normal $20 windsurfer. was able to fly at 500ft high with a clear unobstructed view distance of about 5200ft. Im sure many people can get better in a desert or open field but my flight was in a regular city with houses/powerlines so i figured there was "noise" that limits it.
I heard about the 4hawks raptor XR and that it could boost your signal 4x as much - I bought it and installed it and im still getting almost the same exact distance.
Im wondering if anyone has bought this for specifically the phantom pro 4 v2 and is getting a much stronger signal and further distance?
Im curious if the new OcySync technology that the v2 has just doesnt work with the 4hawks XR as well as previous phantom models which use Lightbridge transmission.
When i messaged 4hawks they had no idea and claim they just make the hardware and as long as the cables and hardware fit they sell it. They have no idea if the OcySync upgrade makes a diff.
If anyone has any thoughts would love to hear it.
Maybe someone has a more powerful antenna that can significantly boost my phantom pro 4 v2 that they could advise?
Thanks

Ive been looking to boost my signal for my phantom pro 4 v2 and bought a normal $20 windsurfer. was able to fly at 500ft high with a clear unobstructed view distance of about 5200ft. Im sure many people can get better in a desert or open field but my flight was in a regular city with houses/powerlines so i figured there was "noise" that limits it.
I heard about the 4hawks raptor XR and that it could boost your signal 4x as much - I bought it and installed it and im still getting almost the same exact distance.
Im wondering if anyone has bought this for specifically the phantom pro 4 v2 and is getting a much stronger signal and further distance?
Im curious if the new OcySync technology that the v2 has just doesnt work with the 4hawks XR as well as previous phantom models which use Lightbridge transmission.
When i messaged 4hawks they had no idea and claim they just make the hardware and as long as the cables and hardware fit they sell it. They have no idea if the OcySync upgrade makes a diff.
Maybe someone has a more powerful antenna that can significantly boost my phantom pro 4 v2 that they could advise?
Thanks
It's best to say 400 ft. and not incriminate yourself. Lol
I feel for you. It is a bad company that has no idea what type of signial their product will amplify. I wish you the best in finding the answer.

If 4Hawks doesn’t know, and I’m sure they tested how high and how far, the signal was boosted(I am electronic technician) they lied to you. Just my opinion, but sounds like BS to me on there end, that said. They know how far and how high etc. and just want the money you paid.

If 4Hawks doesn’t know, and I’m sure they tested how high and how far, the signal was boosted(I am electronic technician) they lied to you. Just my opinion, but sounds like BS to me on there end, that said. They know how far and how high etc. and just want the money you paid.
I don’t know to be honest. I’m in contact with maxxuav who sold me the 4hawks and after showing him my video and flight path he believes the only way I’m going to get a better signal is with either the titan or the evolite kits. Both are battery antenna boosters. Claims the 4hawks is just like a windsurfer - still the same power output but just aims it better then the stock antennas.
anyways it’s pretty expensive but I’m willing to give it a shot. Will update here my results.

Reactions: Gagey52
Thanks
Personally, I think these "signal boosters" are all made by the same guys that sell those oil and gasoline additive splooges that get you 200mpg and make your engine last 50 years. I'm positive that DJI hates flyaways and other signal loss issues as much as you do and if there were a simple inexpensive way to boost their signal, it would be done already. Having to charge hundreds of dollars more for a small increase in signal boost wouldn't interest me any more than it does DJI it seems.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic