Anyone tried the Vertical Studio App yet?

I'm a beta tester, waiting for good weather to give it a try. It does look promising though.

Reactions: Frankc
Ive tested it about a month ago, it was pretty good, but sometimes it looses the tracking, it happens too often

Ive tested it about a month ago, it was pretty good, but sometimes it looses the tracking, it happens too often
Same experience. I think it would work better with inspire as the gimbal can yaw.

I was a beta tester, it would not hold the track very well at all. even when it was a contrasty subject. I gave up.

Just had an email for Vertical. Its now downloaded and on my RC ready to fly. Not tonight though. Pitch black, raining, and gusty winds. Storm 'Henry'. No doubt I will be out tomorrow though giving it a go. :)

Can't speak to the usefulness of Vertical Studio, but Autopilot 3 with the "Airspace" feature works pretty dang well too. Downside is you need another connected iOS device. Upside is that it works.

Can't speak to the usefulness of Vertical Studio, but Autopilot 3 with the "Airspace" feature works pretty dang well too. Downside is you need another connected iOS device. Upside is that it works.
How much range were you able to get peer-peer? I can't get more than 50ft, albeit in an RC park with plenty of users. I got this max range after turning off Bluetooth and airdrop. With those on, it's even less distance

So have you tried airspace. I want to use it. I have my iPad mini 2 and iPhone 5s and my cousin want me to use it following him on his motorcycle. Any pointers?

Here's a few videos I have done whilst testing VS

I see they are releasing a PRO edition of the software with additional features. However it is a bit pricey I think.

I've been testing it since it became BETA and do like the features. However I think for it to really take off it needs to have full ground station capabilities. I'm sure over time it will have as it needs to be a one-stop-shop app before I fully adopt it. At the moment it's an app I use when I need specific functionality. i.e. visual tracking. Else I use Litchi.

See Vertical Studio Pro – Vertical

It sounds just what I am looking for. Unfortunately I missed the messages about testers being required.

So anyone got it, tried it?
I am going to download their app and try it when they get the support for the Phantom 3 Standard. I will keep this forum posted about the results.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl