Anyone perform the new NAZA UPDATE?

Hello!! I did the upgrade also, everything's fine! One question though... did you reload the default configuration file for the Phantom? Like we had to do from 4.00 to 4.02...

I also realized that you can't update the Zenmuse GCU (upgrade board) to the 1.14 firmware needed to be able to use the new gimbal functionalities... I will try with the H3-3D GCU...

CHeers!!!

Yes I did load the default parameters again. So far everything is good.

Yes I did load the default parameters again. So far everything is good.

Ok thanks for your quick feedback! Do you also have an H3-3D?

Ok thanks for your quick feedback! Do you also have an H3-3D?

No, I should be getting a Walkera G2D in the mail soon. My wife's G3D is also on the way. Yes, you read that right she is getting the better gimbal. As far as the wife is concerned I am second in command. Oh and she is the photographer so is more demanding of smooth video:rolleyes:

Hello everyone!

I performed the update and this is awesome! But first... if you don't own a Zenmuse H3-3D or H4-3D you don't need this!

But if you own one of these gimbal then YOU HAVE TO UPGRADE because you will be able to finally adjust the tilt speed and end point of the gimbal!!!! Yes these basic functionalities that are arleady available for the Phantom 2 for many month!!!! And yes you also get the "FPV mode" which has nothing to do with FPV except that the Gimbal will behave like a FPV camera would be!

So first: Install the new 2.4 assistant software. Then update the firmware (4.04)
http://www.dji.com/product/naza-m-v2/download

Second: Install the 1.42 Gimbal assistant software. Then you need to upgrade the H3-3D or H4-3D GCU firmware (1.14) (I didn't update the IMU)
http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-h4-3d/download

Remarks:
The procedure for the H3-3D and the H4-3D is the SAME.
If you own a Phantom 1.1.1 and a Zenmuse H3-3D or H4-3D, you still need the external GCU because the one on the upgrade board or P2 board won't work for the new features (it doesn't matter if you have an original board, an upgrade board or P2 board)...

1) If you have a P2 board you have CAN-BUS available so you don't need the PMU V2.
2) If you have the upgrade board WITHOUT the CAN-BUS mod you need the PMU V2.
3) Finally if you have the original board you need the PMU V2.

Now I have super smooth tilt!!!!

If you have any questions...

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: IflyinWY
Hello guys!
I have the phantom 1 v1.1.1 and upgraded board (P330CB-H3-2D)
I connected the H3-3D and it works... except that the X1 tilt lever is very difficult to use: it has to be on the 0 position in order for the gimbal to stay in a fix position. If it is at +/- 5 or so, it slowly goes in the up or down direction until it reaches the end limit. I also have GCU V2 for the gimbal... do you think that if I connect it to the CAN BUS (with the sarawuth CAN BUS mod) I will be able to control the gimbal from the 2.4 assistant software? This means I will have 2 GCU's on my phantom... Anyone tried this? Or is there another method to set the GCU on the upgraded board to consider the X1 channel as not incremental? (For example when it is on 0, the gimbal should be at 45 deg, when is +100 it should be at 0 deg and when it is -100 it should be at 90deg)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4