Anyone perform the new NAZA UPDATE?

Reaction score
I haven't tried it... you try it and let us know how it works... :p

I think we're talking about going from 4.02 to 4.04.

First, try to find it! If you go to the P1 section of the DJI site, not even there. On the NMv2 page, all there is, is 4.02. Am I missing something?

11535836_10153509717116980_4540027863185794956_n.jpg
I did an advanced calibration today and the assistant 2.20 (firmware 4.02) indicated that no upgrades were available. No pop-up window or anything like that and in the upgrade tab it said no updates.

Not much on DJi's website about it either but I did see these: http://forum.dji.com/thread-21141-1-1.html
http://forum.dji.com/thread-21215-1-1.html

Someone on Facebook posted this screenshot. I wonder why he got the message to update and I didn't.

Last edited:
I was told to update a while back and passed. Sure glad I did.

I wonder if they are trying to put a bug in it to make it fly away like the P2V+.

At this point it sounds like we're standing bye. :rolleyes:

Here are the release notes from DJI. http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/nazam-v2/en/NM_release_notes_en.pdf

At first I thought they were reducing max pitch, thus reducing speed like they did with the P2 last year. But it looks like the new firmware may actually allow you to increase the pitch/angle for agressive flying YouTube has a few videos of 4.04 being used on DJI 450s, the pilots seem to like it.

And if you use a Zenmuse gimbal you might like the additional settings.

I'm perfectly happy with the way mine flys now and I don't use a gimbal so I'll stick with 4.02/2.20.

Reactions: IflyinWY
I knew there was a reason I liked you. ;)

I have been getting the 4.04 update anouncement when starting the Naza assistant for a while now,since late February or early March I think.
I have not tried it because my good Phantom is working well and I'm not sure if the fact I have changed the transmitter/receiver to Futaba would cause any issues.

My other Phantom does not like firmware and will not accept changes well and I have forgotten the how the unbricking process works.It requires access through a secret DOOR in the software and I can't remember the way in.

From the sounds of it it is a good idea to leave this update alone.

I bought my second P1 back in January. I never saw anything about 4.04. The one I received 2 days ago does show there is an update to 4.04. It's on 4.02 and staying there. I hear of so many complaints when they do updates.

Very recently there was an update for the P3 and some folks got really screwed by it. I believe it was recalled after a very short period of time.

4.02 it is.

What’s new?

Firmware
*Added Max Angular Rate settings for various propulsion systems.
*Added H4-3D or H3-3D adjustment settings including gimbal gain, horizontal and vertical angle limits, and FPV mode.

Assistant Software
*Added Max Angular Rate settings and H4-3D (or H3-3D) adjustment settings to support the firmware upgrade. H4-3D or H3-3D adjustment settings include gimbal gain, horizontal and vertical angle limits, and FPV mode.

Manual
*Recommended parameters for the Max Angular Rate.

Notes:
*NAZA-M firmware v4.04 and Assistant software v2.40 are only supported by v1.14 or later H4-3D (or H3-3D) firmware.

Max Angular rate settings? Very curious about that one. anybody looking to be a test pilot for DJI? If you install this update then you will be. There are quite a few error 80 being reported on other forums. Everything is going well with my quads so I'm obviously not tempted to try so I'll wait.

Last edited:
Notes: *NAZA-M firmware v4.04 and Assistant software v2.40 are only supported by v1.14 or later H4-3D (or H3-3D) firmware.

I guess that's why my new P1 didn't even show the option to up date. Fine with me.

Thanks for that Beario. :D

Notes: *NAZA-M firmware v4.04 and Assistant software v2.40 are only supported by v1.14 or later H4-3D (or H3-3D) firmware.

I guess that's why my new P1 didn't even show the option to up date. Fine with me.

Thanks for that Beario. :D

As usual there is always something weird with DJI Software.

1). Uninstall the Assistant Software 2.2 first. (Do not uninstall the driver as they have not updated it since 1/18/2013)

2). Install the Assistant Software 2.40 (Always run in Windows as Administrator)

*Anyone using Windows 10 compatibility view Windows 7 works best. Interestingly enough they left the old links up so you can downgrade.

Link:

http://www.dji.com/product/naza-m-v2/download

I volunteered myself the role of lead Guinea Pig:) I have one quad I call the problem quad. I updated it to firmware 4.04. Everything including all settings were perfect before the upgrade. After you do this, you WILL have to set everything up again. I had to do an advanced calibration as this upgrade threw the MOD value all out of wack. It was 462 but the default is between 750 and 2250 (before upgrade 1580). All was well again and then I did the calibration dance. I was still curious about this Max Angular rate so I set it to 300 just to see what happens and whoa!o_O It makes the quad much more agile, but a bit too much. Default setting is 150. Angular rate will require more testing . In the NAZA software this is what it says for GAIN and MAX ANGULAR RATE:

Gain Adjustment

A suitable angular rate can ensure the aircraft's stability and assistant in control. Setting this value too low may compromise the agility of the aircraft; setting this value too high may make it difficult to control the aircraft.

Max Angular Rate Adjustment

The default max angular rate is 150. Set a higher value if the ESC is too responsive. Use increments of no more than 50.

Adjust the basic and attitude gains after setting the max angular rate for a better flight experience.

Tips

The max angular rate must be between 100 and 300.

Thank you for sacrificing yourself Beario. Great info you've posted too. :D

So, now you've got a turbocharged sports car? :) Woo Hoo

Thank you for sacrificing yourself Beario. Great info you've posted too. :D

So, now you've got a turbocharged sports car? :) Woo Hoo

It's not turbo, but it is definitely more responsive. Normally there is nothing much new in the updates so much, but I was curious. I sent you the actual Yaw link also. I should go to bed late at night instead of trying to think:rolleyes: Anyway, I had the same issue on the problem quad last Spring. I know it can be fixed, but you need a level surface, a level, and you have to run the advanced calibration. Check the link I sent you.

It's not turbo, but it is definitely more responsive. Normally there is nothing much new in the updates so much, but I was curious. I sent you the actual Yaw link also. I should go to bed late at night instead of trying to think:rolleyes: Anyway, I had the same issue on the problem quad last Spring. I know it can be fixed, but you need a level surface, a level, and you have to run the advanced calibration. Check the link I sent you.

Nice, thanks Beario. :D

As usual there is always something weird with DJI Software.

1). Uninstall the Assistant Software 2.2 first. (Do not uninstall the driver as they have not updated it since 1/18/2013)

2). Install the Assistant Software 2.40 (Always run in Windows as Administrator)

*Anyone using Windows 10 compatibility view Windows 7 works best. Interestingly enough they left the old links up so you can downgrade.

Link:

http://www.dji.com/product/naza-m-v2/download

Hello!! I did the upgrade also, everything's fine! One question though... did you reload the default configuration file for the Phantom? Like we had to do from 4.00 to 4.02...

I also realized that you can't update the Zenmuse GCU (upgrade board) to the 1.14 firmware needed to be able to use the new gimbal functionalities... I will try with the H3-3D GCU...

CHeers!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31