Anyone know of a free, easy & simple to use video editor that works on a laptop & can play 4K?

Shotcut. It has lots of tutorial videos, can add music/audio, it has a lot of features. It handles 4k.

While some editors do more than others and 10 people will have 10 different favorites, to a big extent with a few exceptions, any editor will work, or no editor will work. Your laptop specs determine which.

Yeah,I was really interested in DaVinci, even downloaded it. then when I tried to run in found out that my MacBook was the only version that didn't have a GPU that would support it :mad:

What laptop do you have? Memory? Processor?

Davinci Resolve is good, but can't remember if it edits 4k...
Here is a picture of the screen with the specs, I think this the right place to find them, if not I don't know where to find them. (Sorry if it's hard to read, it was entirely like that when I took it.)
4979cb75d5b2c3e9551abe38a98ef09d.jpg

Here is a picture of the screen with the specs, I think this the right place to find them, if not I don't know where to find them. (Sorry if it's hard to read, it was entirely like that when I took it.)

Oh my!!! You'll never be able to edit 4k video with that... not a chance... sorry... The memory/processor/video specs are WAY WAY too low... yikes...

I use a Corei5 desktop with 16GB RAM and a NVidia 1050Ti video card and I can barely do it...

Is this the laptop you have?
Review Update HP 255 G2 Notebook

Last edited:
4979cb75d5b2c3e9551abe38a98ef09d.jpg

that wont do 4k with any editor.

very low end internet laptop, not an issue for everyday use
but for video you need a much better CPU/GPU .
more memory will help as well!

would be cheaper to buy an i5 or i7 desktop than a laptop with the needed specs

good luck and have fun flying!

Shoot your videos in 1080p in the meantime if you want to download your movies...it will help and they still look decent.

So even VLC won't play it on it?

Yep. I think so. It looks like it.

I use a Corei5 desktop with 16GB RAM and a NVidia 1050Ti video card and I can barely do it...
would be cheaper to buy an i5 or i7 desktop than a laptop with the needed specs
I have a windows xp sitting here not hooked up. Will that do? I don't know the specs, haven't had it hooked up yet, someone gave it to me. Would it be possible to upgrade it to Windows 10 or put a windows 10 operating system in it?

Shoot your videos in 1080p in the meantime if you want to download your movies...it will help and they still look decent.
I thing they are in 1080p. I use the ones on the SD card, there is not enough space on my tablet for them to save on there, so my tablet can't even play them unless their saved to it, so if I want to play them I have to turn on the ac rc and watch them of the app. :( Would a windows xp play them?

Sent from my SM-T350 using PhantomPilots mobile app

So even VLC won't play it on it?

Yep. I think so. It looks like it.

I have a windows xp sitting here not hooked up. Will that do? I don't know the specs, haven't had it hooked up yet, someone gave it to me. Would it be possible to upgrade it to Windows 10 or put a windows 10 operating system in it?

I thing they are in 1080p. I use the ones on the SD card, there is not enough space on my tablet for them to save on there, so my tablet can't even play them unless their saved to it, so if I want to play them I have to turn on the ac rc and watch them of the app. :( Would a windows xp play them?

Sent from my SM-T350 using PhantomPilots mobile app

in all honesty any pc running xp is close to 10 years old most likely and not worth messing with
if it was very high end then maybe it will work somewhat--1080 p maybe
you can find a brand new i5 for 400 to 600 ready to start with anyhow!
maybe just got with 1080p for now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav