Anyone in Bakersfield, CA?

P4P

Thanks, I did not see that notice. I don't really fly in town, so no sweat. The bluffs, across from the cemetery is supposed to be a slope soaring site, I will have to verify that.

You mean 'Panorama Park'? <-- see that P-word?

The bluffs (hills) we used to fly off of were out across from the Kern River soccer field where there were sailplanes too. I crunched an RC plane out there from a downdraft. It gets windy. CSUB used to launch sailplanes and had a winch setup, and some guy tried to catch one on landing and it broke his hand. I don't think CSUB allows RC airplanes anymore, maybe because Mercy Hospital has some helipad close by.

You mean 'Panorama Park'? <-- see that P-word?

The bluffs (hills) we used to fly off of were out across from the Kern River soccer field where there were sailplanes too. I crunched an RC plane out there from a downdraft. It gets windy. CSUB used to launch sailplanes and had a winch setup, and some guy tried to catch one on landing and it broke his hand. I don't think CSUB allows RC airplanes anymore, maybe because Mercy Hospital has some helipad close by.
Yeah, sorry, on Panorama. I flew rc sailplanes and hang gliders off the hill you mention.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT