Anyone in Bakersfield, CA?

Reaction score
Any pilots in the Bakersfield, CA?

Was trying to find some qualified pilots in that area that also happen to have an android phone. Seeing if anyone out there has also used DroneDeploy?

No, I'm really new ha-ha. Phantom 3 will be here this week. I'm upgrading from some toy grade copters. Really appreciate excited to step my game up. Definitely not experienced though lol

Reactions: Nick DroneBase
No, I'm really new ha-ha. Phantom 3 will be here this week. I'm upgrading from some toy grade copters. Really appreciate excited to step my game up. Definitely not experienced though lol

no worries! if you find other pilots out in your area, can you refer them to me. it seems like a very small community out there.

Any pilots in the Bakersfield, CA?

Was trying to find some qualified pilots in that area that also happen to have an android phone. Seeing if anyone out there has also used DroneDeploy?

I've been flying missions for a couple weeks now. I have my 107 certificate. I do fly with my iPhone though.
It would be nice to have a contact for info about listings.

I'm in Bakersfield, P4P, no Par107, but I have a Pilots Certificate, but fly just for fun and photography.
I have only seen a couple flying here, out near River Walk.
I'm getting more proficient, but still learning to be sure.
Would love to get together, play around, maybe learn something.
My P4P is a couple of months old, completely up to date and flying well. So far no real issues, one battery lost an LED, but still works well.

I'm in Bakersfield, P4P, no Par107, but I have a Pilots Certificate, but fly just for fun and photography.
I have only seen a couple flying here, out near River Walk.
I'm getting more proficient, but still learning to be sure.
Would love to get together, play around, maybe learn something.
My P4P is a couple of months old, completely up to date and flying well. So far no real issues, one battery lost an LED, but still works well.

Cool. I've been flying since April with my P3P. I used to be real nervous flying around. That's a lot of money cruising around up there that you could possibly ram into a tree.

I got into drones with a Hubsan X4. Then built a freestyle FPV drone. The Phantom is just amazing though.

I o
Cool. I've been flying since April with my P3P. I used to be real nervous flying around. That's a lot of money cruising around up there that you could possibly ram into a tree.

I got into drones with a Hubsan X4. Then built a freestyle FPV drone. The Phantom is just amazing though.
I only have a few hours myself, the nerves are always present, but manageable. I have found the Phantom to be an excellent craft so far. No issues, all works, now just to get to know it well, like everything I have flown in the past.
I plan on going out this afternoon, later when the sun in in the west, to get some video. Up Rancheria Road, there is a rock outcrop, that I want to try to capture. Not sure how it will come out, might be a little windy. But, so far I have had to fly in some wind every time.

I o

I only have a few hours myself, the nerves are always present, but manageable. I have found the Phantom to be an excellent craft so far. No issues, all works, now just to get to know it well, like everything I have flown in the past.
I plan on going out this afternoon, later when the sun in in the west, to get some video. Up Rancheria Road, there is a rock outcrop, that I want to try to capture. Not sure how it will come out, might be a little windy. But, so far I have had to fly in some wind every time.

I haven't had any issues either. It can handle a breezy day pretty well. I was out at Red Rock not too long ago. It was pretty windy but I decided to try it out. It didn't seem too bad. The drone was pitched over so much just too maintain its position I thought for sure I was going to crash. I was able to work it behind a bush and get it back on the ground.
I would really like to fly the bluffs. I bet there is some good shots to get there.

I haven't had any issues either. It can handle a breezy day pretty well. I was out at Red Rock not too long ago. It was pretty windy but I decided to try it out. It didn't seem too bad. The drone was pitched over so much just too maintain its position I thought for sure I was going to crash. I was able to work it behind a bush and get it back on the ground.
I would really like to fly the bluffs. I bet there is some good shots to get there.

I was wondering about Red Rock too. I've been there a few times and no one was around. I did see a ranger in a white pickup drive around the lot, but I was using a still camera. He just waved and drove off. I think that park is under the control of the State Park's district office in the Lancaster poppy field area as well as Fort Tejon, but Fort Tejon had some post about "No drones allowed" there so I don't know what they say about Red Rock.

I did set up some Autopilot flight for Red Rock later. I set it for 7-8 minutes before it hits the 4GB limit glitch with a P4 Std. Haven't tried it yet as it's too hot out there, and I'd like to know the local ranger's drone thoughts too if the area is deserted.

Reactions: 5SPhoto
Red Rock Canyon Park, is a small part of the whole formation, you can fly outside it's boundaries.

The bluffs has a designated slope soaring area for RC. The no fly map for Bakersfield, shows all the river area and parks are legal. I am going to fly across from the cemetery, there is a cool concrete gear shaped structure that would make a cool scene.
I flew 6:30 pm yesterday up Rancheria Road, 10-15mph breeze but no control or stability issues at at. Nice up there, rugged beauty.

The bluffs has a designated slope soaring area for RC. The no fly map for Bakersfield, shows all the river area and parks are legal. I am going to fly across from the cemetery, there is a cool concrete gear shaped structure that would make a cool scene.
I flew 6:30 pm yesterday up Rancheria Road, 10-15mph breeze but no control or stability issues at at. Nice up there, rugged beauty.

Bakersfield has a "No drone" ordinance in their municipal code for their parks.
Mun. Code: 12.56.050 A. Found here: Bakersfield Municipal Code (Bakersfield, California) If you ever get that Recreational booklet in the mail about activities in sundry parks, the last page or two always has "No drones allowed in city parks" mentioned and framed.

However, I have seen on a Facebook page for the soccer field by Hart Park (usually locked) and the State Farm one on Taft Hwy. images of both RC and drones flying in them. Could be they call those "Sports complexes" and not a "Park." The woman in the parks office said the city maintenance takes care of the State Farm one, but it was under the county parks or State Farms control when asked so it was sketchy.

The bluffs by the college may need you to call the Meadows tower as they look to be within the 5 mile radius. One by Hart Park may be good. The community college is on the edge of the Panorama Dr. area when I talked to a dean in the science/engineering area where they do fly drones near the stadium (On the east side.).

Bakersfield has a "No drone" ordinance in their municipal code for their parks.
Mun. Code: 12.56.050 A. Found here: Bakersfield Municipal Code (Bakersfield, California) If you ever get that Recreational booklet in the mail about activities in sundry parks, the last page or two always has "No drones allowed in city parks" mentioned and framed.

However, I have seen on a Facebook page for the soccer field by Hart Park (usually locked) and the State Farm one on Taft Hwy. images of both RC and drones flying in them. Could be they call those "Sports complexes" and not a "Park." The woman in the parks office said the city maintenance takes care of the State Farm one, but it was under the county parks or State Farms control when asked so it was sketchy.

The bluffs by the college may need you to call the Meadows tower as they look to be within the 5 mile radius. One by Hart Park may be good. The community college is on the edge of the Panorama Dr. area when I talked to a dean in the science/engineering area where they do fly drones near the stadium (On the east side.).

Can we contact meadows field? I thought we weren't allowed to contact airports directly. I thought applying for a waiver through the FAA was the proper procedure. This would change everything. I would definitely be able to do jobs on a much shorter notice.

Fly Drones in Kern County, California - Hivemapper Drone Map.

Fly Drones in Bakersfield, California - Hivemapper Drone Map.

These seem to show the places where you can and can't fly here. But the city parks are not mentioned either way. But along the river, the city property, seems to be fine.

Here's a screenshot of the city brochure mailer on the "No Drones in Parks" Ordinance in Bakersfield. Page 24 in this link too: http://www.bakersfieldcity.us/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?BlobID=30290

Ordinance_1.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20