Anyone ever used the csc mid-flight intentionally?

ever used csc mid-flight intentionally?

• Total voters
Reaction score
We killed our P3 with an accidental csc. Just wondering if anyone has ever needed to use this for safety or whatever other reason it may be programmed in to the controls..

I fly naza for 2 years at least and I never done csc accidentally... I have 200+ hours of flight, it's just a non sense putting the 2 sticks inside when flying.

Reactions: acherman
It was outside and down. And I'm not saying I'm not at fault. Yes I'm totally new and very impressed with the product. Yes just flying around the yard without much intention. May be nonsense but I'm still curious if the function has been used as intended. With the flight logs, I think we might hear about accidental csc more than we expect..

I've seen the guys video when he did it to bring it down from 6000+ feet. Probably the only real use for it.

It was outside. And I'm not saying I'm not at fault. Yes I'm totally new and very impressed with the product. Yes just flying around the yard without much intention. May be nonsense but I'm still curious if the function has been used as intended. With the flight logs, I think we might hear about accidental csc more than we expect..

It's not intended to be used while flying.

Then why does it work while flying? I assumed to kill motors in an emergency.

Also- it is a big yard.

The P2 manuals are very clear about executing a CSC in flight.

I assume the P3 manual is as well.

Is there a way to disable these commands to avoid any misuse while flying a phantom?

CSC is how you start the motors.

There are several CSC positions that will start and stop the motors.

See 4wd's post above. He is describing the flight maneuvers that would occur with one of them. There is no possible reason one would do this during "normal" flight. That is the reason it is safe to have it enabled. You just have to understand what you are doing.

djicsc-jpg.18407

Just so you know , more than 1 way to do CSC

You asked about in flight.. You didn't ask in an emergency?

I have used them for emergency situation, tip over for examples...You need a way to kill motors. If they put it on a button, people would be accidentally hitting the button in flight. People just need to read and UNDERSTAND the manual.

Reactions: cmyk22
We killed our P3 with an accidental csc. Just wondering if anyone has ever needed to use this for safety or whatever other reason it may be programmed in to the controls..

I used it once on a Phantom 1, when the Phantom went to full power without my command. I almost got it restarted before it hit the ground. http://www.jimandsusan.com/crash.html

Reactions: ebfoxbat
I understand the stick inputs shouldn't be used during normal flight, and I also understand this is 100% my fault. The question is whether it is necessary at all for these to work at altitude. I've been using the auto take-off and landing function, I understand some prefer to start/stop the motors with CSC while on the ground. But why do they need to work at all during flight? Just trying to find a reason, thought maybe someone had executed intentionally so I could understand. The free fall is the only thing mentioned so far. Thanks for your input every.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers