Anyone Bought a Drone from Tomtop in China?

Reaction score
Thinking of buying the P3 SE and found a dealer in China that some folks have been buying it from. It's $509, which is a great price but not sure its worth the headaches with them being in China. Everyone buying from them are in Europe with great reviews and didn't see any reviews from the states so wanted to get all your thoughts on this dealer. I called DJI and the woman stated they are now a authorized DJI dealer but she didn't speak great English so I was really unsure. Their website doesn't say anything about DJI dealer...just wanted to see if anyone here had any experience with them
THX!

Dude...Basically, if you are buying a drone, expect to do the work on it yourself. They are pretty much modular and parts are cheap. Get the bird. Don't buy it for the warranty (you'll crash it before you would need warranty anyway and that will void all warranties. ;) ( Not really, but you get my drift I'm sure)) but rather for the enjoyment it will being you. For it's capabilities.

Reactions: macaulayjuan
I would steer clear of TomTop. I tried purchasing a low-end toy drone just last month. Their website stated ships in 2 days. They took my money and then nothing for three weeks. When you check your order status, all it says is "In processing" while ignoring your e-mails to customer support. I filed a claim with PayPal and they got me a refund. There are multiple rating sites out there with similar reviews. Sitejabber is one. TomTop tries to bury the negative reviews with fake ones, but if you drill down you will find similar stories. Many complained they never received their products and never received a refund. They are shoddy at best and difficult to deal with. Try Gearbest. I had OK experience with them, though it's literally a slow boat from China. Took over a month to finally receive my order.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Dude...Basically, if you are buying a drone, expect to do the work on it yourself. They are pretty much modular and parts are cheap. Get the bird. Don't buy it for the warranty (you'll crash it before you would need warranty anyway and that will void all warranties. ;) ( Not really, but you get my drift I'm sure)) but rather for the enjoyment it will being you. For it's capabilities.

I just got rid of my Phantom 2 Vision so I know the dance and never had the warranty cuz I bought it used :) Your right I upgraded the crap out of it and in the end I still had a Vision with FPV problems....LOL Thought an SE was a good upgrade and was just looking to save some money although buying from China I am at their mercy.... Thank you for your support

Reactions: Squirrel!
I bought 2 of my DJI drones from tomtop, one of them was SE. It came pretty quickly around one week. I got what I bought, both drones was brand new, but they don't put original box in another box, instead they just wrappe it in nylon so box got beating but drone and everything inside was fine. Also when I bought SE it was 499usd and after I pay they asked to send them 33usd for shipping diference because it was overweight, at first I refused but payed later because it was still cheaper then anywhere else. If you buy from them use PayPal and be careful.

Are you sure that it is a original SE? DJI is selling the SE in Europe for about € 650,-. This website is offering the same bird for € 438,-.. That is more than 30%. How do they get their profit?

Are you sure that it is a original SE? DJI is selling the SE in Europe for about € 650,-. This website is offering the same bird for € 438,-.. That is more than 30%. How do they get their profit?
I emailed them and they claim to be a Dji distributor and that those SE's are brand new. I'm going to pass and buy it straight from Dji. Toptom has a reputation of not helping or answering emails once you have the bird. I'll pay a little extra for piece of mind. Walmart is selling them now for $589

I've purchased various cheap accessories/electronics from tomtop via eBay, but I never expect my Chinese packages sooner than a month.
eBay/Paypal is a great route to go since it's the easiest to get returns/refunds. I imagine Amazon is similar, but I rarely use it.

Reactions: dazzer
Hi,
i am new in this forum and i was wondering how can you tell if a DJI drone (Phantom 3 SE) is original or not. I got one from tomtom site, and looks OK to me, so whats the way of telling if one is genuine or not?

Hi,
i am new in this forum and i was wondering how can you tell if a DJI drone (Phantom 3 SE) is original or not. I got one from tomtom site, and looks OK to me, so whats the way of telling if one is genuine or not?
Send the serial numbers for the AC and the RC to DJI and see if they are valid.

Don't know about profit but it is genuine P3SE, before it is gone worldwide I was wondering if I be able to fly it because there was no SE in go app, but as soon as I contacted it SE was shown in go app. Also it was properly registered with go app.

Send the serial numbers for the AC and the RC to DJI and see if they are valid.
I have a local dealer here for DJI products, and i know them, so i will do that for sure! Its flying like DJI to me, and as soon i turned it on i got the latest firmware update.

P.S. The price in China for P3SE is $430, so they can sell it with less profit if they decide to do so since they are based in China anyway :)

Last edited:
I contacted DJI today after work. They claim they are a reseller for DJI and will pay the shipping back if not working or damaged. The jury is still out for me....not sure I want that headache.....

• DJI
Hello, Michael. What can I do for you today?

• Me
I was thinking of buying a drone from TopTom and wondering if they are a DJI authorized dealer they are in China

• DJI
Alright. Upon checking from http://www.dji.com/where-to-buy they are an authorized reseller for DJI.

• Me
I was worried that I would get a refurbished or clone of a P3 SE

• DJI
There’s nothing to worry as we have specific products offered under Refurbished units.

For the Phantom 3 SE, we do not have any refurbished units.

• Me
Oh ok and if it comes to me damaged in shipping can I call you guys or deal with them regarding the return

I have heard they don't return messages, that's very bad customer service

• DJI
If it's damaged you can return it within 7 days from the date you have received it.

• Me
but I would have to pay the shipping back to China or can I take it to DJI here is the states

Also Would your store match that price and I'll buy it from U? They are selling the P3 SE for $509 US

• DJI
Shipping cost will be covered by DJI and I apologize, but we do not match the prices of third party dealers.

• Me
but it’s safe to buy from them???

• DJI
Yes, Michael. The warranty is still covered by DJI if it's purchased from an authorized reseller.

I bought 2 of my DJI drones from tomtop, one of them was SE. It came pretty quickly around one week. I got what I bought, both drones was brand new, but they don't put original box in another box, instead they just wrappe it in nylon so box got beating but drone and everything inside was fine. Also when I bought SE it was 499usd and after I pay they asked to send them 33usd for shipping diference because it was overweight, at first I refused but payed later because it was still cheaper then anywhere else. If you buy from them use PayPal and be careful.
Have you had any issues with it??

I don't care how much I could save, it's not worth the pain and aggravation if something goes wrong. They are in CHINA!! No phones, no e-mail, no service. If there is a problem you will be Soooo screwed because once they have your money they're done with you.

Reactions: Elqueso2
I don't care how much I could save, it's not worth the pain and aggravation if something goes wrong. They are in CHINA!! No phones, no e-mail, no service. If there is a problem you will be Soooo screwed because once they have your money they're done with you.
Your right!

I have NOT read this full thread but . . .

I bought a 4-way Inspire Charger from them 9 weeks ago. It finally arrived (4 weeks) and it was crap. The cooling fan was obnoxiously loud (like something was rubbing) and 3 of the 4 charging cords were DOA. I contacted them and here's how they handled it:

A) offered a $5 refund (I denied)
B) offered a $10 refund (I denied)
C) offered a $15 refund (I denied)

This last time I said no more offers.. a NEW unit or a FULL refund... nothing else will be accepted. It's been 5 more weeks now and every time I contact them I get "It's in the mail. You should see it soon".

Buyer Beware! ! !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen