Anybody edit videos?

Reaction score
I use adobe premiere pro, pretty expensive and the only way I know to edit in the video is to use the auto content fill feature. In this video, after the drone goes above the house from the rear it blurs me out. I was standing in the shadow of the tree, but you could still see me. The edit is horrible... anybody have any suggestions... can't attach directly as it's too large so I linked to it
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
the video isn't color graded or finished, just asking about the edit... besides cutting out the beginning of the flyover which is the worse and only including a little bit of the edited video... does any video editor have a better way to edit somebody out? Thanks. Its in 4K at 60 fps that what I shoot video in and then modify to whatever the realtor wants... but it's still in 4k so view on youtube in whatever works best for you.

youtube might still be rendering it so might take a bit to hit full resolution....

I use adobe premiere pro, pretty expensive and the only way I know to edit in the video is to use the auto content fill feature. In this video, after the drone goes above the house from the rear it blurs me out. I was standing in the shadow of the tree, but you could still see me. The edit is horrible... anybody have any suggestions... can't attach directly as it's too large so I linked to it
the video isn't color graded or finished, just asking about the edit... besides cutting out the beginning of the flyover which is the worse and only including a little bit of the edited video... does any video editor have a better way to edit somebody out? Thanks. Its in 4K at 60 fps that what I shoot video in and then modify to whatever the realtor wants... but it's still in 4k so view on youtube in whatever works best for you.
Hi I use Cyberlink Power Director 14 it's brilliant you can add effects, audio tracks etc

But can you remove people from the video?
No, power director does not let you do that. The only way I know how is to use content aware fill in after effects. I also think fusion in davinci resolve has something like that but it is harder to use. Do you use after effects?

No, power director does not let you do that. The only way I know how is to use content aware fill in after effects. I also think fusion in davinci resolve has something like that but it is harder to use. Do you use after effects?

Yes, I use premiere, but it opens the clip that I’m editing in after effects. So that is an after effect edit. I’m not impressed, granted it was a complex scene with trees and grass and shade etc.

I really don't think there's anything you can do about it aside from reshooting. Even the best software is limited. I think the content aware fill is mostly for removing motion tracking points and cables and wires which previously had to be painted in frame by frame. It can't really remove people unless they are against a clean background.
Yes, I use premiere, but it opens the clip that I’m editing in after effects. So that is an after effect edit. I’m not impressed, granted it was a complex scene with trees and grass and shade etc.

Reactions: Adamborz
I really don't think there's anything you can do about it aside from reshooting. Even the best software is limited. I think the content aware fill is mostly for removing motion tracking points and cables and wires which previously had to be painted in frame by frame. It can't really remove people unless they are against a clean background.

Yeah that’s what I thought. Thanks

Reactions: Weston Ney
I agree with others Cyberlink 16 is the best deal out there . Very powerful AND its easy to learn.

You can do it with the free version of Da Vinci Resolve but the learning curve is steep! Here is a video:

The drone shadow removal in the basketball scene technique works using the node sizing after tracking the object. There are a tone of other videos explaining object removal in Youtube but most of them use the tools that come with the paid for studio version...

Your video is fine and with some edits can be made to work just fine for the intended purpose.

Id wait until the "Golden Hour" if you want much better results.

Reactions: Weston Ney
Your video is fine and with some edits can be made to work just fine for the intended purpose.

Id wait until the "Golden Hour" if you want much better results.

Yes I normally would but when I’m told to show up at a certain time... I show up at a certain time. Most realtors like to be present when doing photos, and aerials. Plus I sometimes do up to 6 shoots in a day... they can’t all be at the perfect time.

I did mention this video was unedited right? And this clip is not what I gave the client. I posted this short clip to ask about the content fill feature in premiere... if that’s the best they offer...I wasn’t asking for advice on how to shoot video but thanks for all the suggestions. There is always room to improve and I’ve only been in business since May.

Reactions: Phoenix One
I use adobe premiere pro, pretty expensive and the only way I know to edit in the video is to use the auto content fill feature. In this video, after the drone goes above the house from the rear it blurs me out. I was standing in the shadow of the tree, but you could still see me.

You need Adobe AfterEffects, April update, which has Content Aware Fill. This is an easy task for AE.

You need Adobe AfterEffects, April update, which has Content Aware Fill. This is an easy task for AE.

Thanks for the reply, but this was done with the new after effects. I send the clip I want edited to AE, then AE sends back to premiere after it is edited with content fill. Originally you could see me standing there, the content aware fill made a mess of the fix.... that was my point. Is there anything better than adobe for this type edit?

I've been using Vegas Pro and love it. I have Premier at work and while it's an excellent program, for me it would require re-learning stuff I've been doing for 10 years and I'm perfectly happy with Vegas Pro's results. It's intuitive/easy to figure out without tutorials and classes at your local community college. It's very affordable, too!

I've been using Vegas Pro and love it. I have Premier at work and while it's an excellent program, for me it would require re-learning stuff I've been doing for 10 years and I'm perfectly happy with Vegas Pro's results. It's intuitive/easy to figure out without tutorials and classes at your local community college. It's very affordable, too!

Thanks I’ll look into it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31