Any reason to get a P3pro if a P4 is cheaper?

Reaction score
On newegg I can get a "DJI Phantom 3 Pro Quadcopter Drone with 4K Camera and Remote Controller, White" + "DJI Phantom 3 Intelligent Flight Battery" for the same price as "DJI Phantom 4 Quadcopter Drone wit Bonus 2nd Battery, Custom Case & more"
Should I change my plans and go for the newer model? Why is it being discounted to the same price? I have been doing research for a while and I was planning on the P3pro. Why shouldn't I get the P4?
It appears to be the standard model, not the P4 advanced or P4 pro.

To break it down, the P3P is $750, and the second battery is $135, for a total of $885

For $900 they are offering the P4, an extra battery, a case and a second set of props. Both have free shipping.
I figure the case and the extra 15 bucks even out, which means that the newer model is essentially the same price. I'm just skittish because I subscribe to the belief that one always gets what one pays for.

On newegg I can get a "DJI Phantom 3 Pro Quadcopter Drone with 4K Camera and Remote Controller, White" + "DJI Phantom 3 Intelligent Flight Battery" for the same price as "DJI Phantom 4 Quadcopter Drone wit Bonus 2nd Battery, Custom Case & more"
Should I change my plans and go for the newer model? Why is it being discounted to the same price? I have been doing research for a while and I was planning on the P3pro. Why shouldn't I get the P4?
It appears to be the standard model, not the P4 advanced or P4 pro.

I have the P4, and had a P3, and I wouldn't get the P3 Pro over it. The things I DO like about the P3 Pro is the fact that it uses the older batteries, which are significantly cheaper (I can get essentially three of them for the price of two of my batteries), and that the gimbal is much easier to access and work on. My P4 looks nicer, I prefer the quick-release props, I prefer the addition of the sensors, and it's faster.

That being said, the Phantom 4 Advanced was $869 for a DJI refurbished model, and that one has the additional 20MP camera. And I would get that over both of them.

That being said, the Phantom 4 Advanced was $869 for a DJI refurbished model, and that one has the additional 20MP camera. And I would get that over both of them.
In general I am a huge fan of refurbished electronics, but I am worried about getting something that's already been in a crash. Am i wrong?

In general I am a huge fan of refurbished electronics, but I am worried about getting something that's already been in a crash. Am i wrong?

Well, considering that you get the 12 month warranty and you can get the DJI care for it, I would not be worried. Also, the crashed drones seem to get dumped by DJI, if you've seen the drone graveyard photos. I think many of them are returns or ones that had gimbal issues that were just replaced. You can also have issues with a brand new device, so it's not like being new is an advantage over refurbished.

I have the P4, and had a P3, and I wouldn't get the P3 Pro over it. The things I DO like about the P3 Pro is the fact that it uses the older batteries, which are significantly cheaper (I can get essentially three of them for the price of two of my batteries), and that the gimbal is much easier to access and work on. My P4 looks nicer, I prefer the quick-release props, I prefer the addition of the sensors, and it's faster.

When was the refurb advance selling for $869?

The refurb store doesnt have any listed.

1/22/18, or just under two weeks ago.

Must have just missed it, dont see anything like that now, hope it comes around again soon.

I am also interested in acquiring an Inspire as well. I have seen the feedback on the P3P or P4A debate but given P4A prices I prefer the P3P.

At some point want to get into something where I can update the camera and not be limited to what comes with the AC.

I'm sticking to Ph3 mostly because I have loads of batteries. This amount of batteries for Ph4 would cost a lot.

I am a big fan of the P4 and P4 pro or advanced. I repair P3's and P4's and the P4's hold up better in a crash. I have seen P4 drones that were a mess and still they fly. Not pretty but up they go. Crash a P3 and it is all over. Parts break off the main board every time. Yes P3 battery's are cheaper but not that much.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj