Any professionals on the forums?

Reaction score
Hi UAV Forum community.

First off I'm new so il introduce myself. Hello!
smiley.gif

Im a web developer in the UK and have a full time job but on the side in my free time i like to do personal projects.

I have recently found myself becoming fascinated with the drone community, particularly the footage that is captured. Im not a pilot mainly because I don't own a drone or would feel confident in flying one without some guidance.

So the only way i can get involved is by building some sites, for now...

Intro out the way, first off I want to know if there are many people on drone flyers who are professionals that do it as a job? That is operating a drone to capture footage, take images, mapping, surveying etc.

I ask because one of the sites I'm building is SkyRent. (SkyRent)

In short, its a place where people who are after drone hire operators and services can find professionals.

If so, I would very much like your input on what you would expect from such a site, how it could help you personally and what could be improved/bettered etc.

I have just started it and I'm adding businesses to it that I find on google to get the ball rolling. The idea is to have safe professional drone services from individuals to businesses and anything else related on there.

Its free for both parties. (If it gets big then I'm sure i can monetise is unobtrusively to cover development and hosting!)

The second site (which I haven't started yet) is for the Drone racing community mainly events. Il perhaps do a similar post when I get round to that but again some input on what the community would want from such a site.

Any input is much appreciated!

Cheers.

Tom

You might wander over to the Inspire forums. Although the are pros here, the cost and features of the Inspire lend it more to the well heeled professional crowd.

I think there is a market for it. Personally, websites are so economical & application specific to set up these days, that it really behooves any weekend, semi or full time professional to take this avenue and present their portfolios in a independently, unique manner that draws/attracts/captivates intended target markets (sans middlemen) in the most creative & splashy of ways. Best of luck!

Thank you WetDog, I will have a look over there. That was going to be another question, what type of equipment do professionals VS that of a hobbyist and a racer etc.

PeakXV. That was partly the reasoning for me doing it, there are now so many configurations and options that it can be really tailored and specified to meet a market. So hopefully something useful will come of it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers