Any motorcyclists in here?

I had an 83 Magna V65. They detuned them after that year. Darn quick bike for it's size.
V65 was a monster. My brother still has a V45. I'm riding a Burgman 650 now. Can't wait to take off on it with my drone. Can't ride right now due to legal stuff(have to have alcohol tester on any car I drive). That kind of eliminates riding for now. It's a bummer !

Can you get the P3 under the seat of the Burgman?

I'm actually a Motorcycle cop with the City of Miami Police Department. I'd be one to say i've transported the Phantom 2 and currently Phantom 3 in the saddlebag. Both aircraft I had to remove the props and landing gear but that only took a few mins to put back on and get up in the air.

The description sounds good, but I can't see the pictures?

OK, I changed the way the pictures were hosted. You should be able to see them now.

Quoted below for convenience.

So I'm embarking on this adventure for carrying mine. I ride a Yamaha FJR.
01.jpg

Originally I bought the backpack with the intent of carrying it while riding. But then I got to thinking that I have the top box for a reason. I checked it out, and the Phantom can fit in it. So I got to work. A trip to Hobby Lobby and a package of soft foam. This is what I cam up with.

02.jpg

I built it with 1 inch layers. The top box is tapered towards the bottom so the layers allowed me to work my way up, using the most space possible. But I worried about it bouncing out. So I bought a Yamaha brand bag for the top box that zips up. I cut another foam piece that sits on top and then I zip the bag up.

03.jpg

04.jpg

I haven't cut out the sections for the batteries or the remote yet because I'm attempting Version 2.0 now. It was apparent early on that the white foam would get dirty real quick and look bad. I couldn't find foam in any other color that soft. The charcoal foam I found online was much more expensive.

I took a sample piece of foam and dyed it black. Turned out OK, so I started over. My first attempt, I tried to cut the hole for my P3 each layer as I worked up. It didn't work out as well as I'd hoped. This time around, I plan on building the block first and then cutting out the necessary areas. I dyed 12 layers worth last night. I only need about 8, but I wanted some spares.

I'll do a full write-up when I'm finished. That is if it turns out halfway decent.

Reactions: Lefty63
That's why I got the Ural, room for camera gear and Phantom and still room for Pete!
IMG_0212-X3.jpg
Love the picture. Great job and love the dog. Is your bike two wheel drive? I know some are and some are not. To answer the original question I ride a Harly and take my P3A all the time and have not had a problem at all. I use the hard case from DJI.

When our local SpYder owners~friends and whoever meet for a rYde, there are numbers of other bikes, makes, sizes, manufacturers, and people that come out to join us. No one has ever bad mouthed or dissed anyone else's choices of bike, trike hog, or wheel barrow for that matter. So I'm am a bit stumped & mildly surprised by some of the "friendly banter" in this thread. Can we all just get along people, and ride what ever we individually like? I'm sorry I chose a Canadian brand over American iron or another super fine Japanese crotch rocket.
& Does it really matter whether you/he/them wear leather or denim? Hahaha, we aren't in a fashion show. ;-)

RedHotPoker

I could not care less where people live, what make they ride, how far they ride, how long they've been riding, what they choose to strap on their bike or how they dress. But I'll never concede that a trike is a motorcycle.

Yeah, me either. But it isn't a trike neither. Hahaha
But they're sure fun to rYde.
I rode my SpYder pretty much all winter here in Alberta. Ah, so what about you? ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: EddieM
I'm actually a Motorcycle cop with the City of Miami Police Department. I'd be one to say i've transported the Phantom 2 and currently Phantom 3 in the saddlebag. Both aircraft I had to remove the props and landing gear but that only took a few mins to put back on and get up in the air.
Wow they let you carry you phantom on your bike? I would gram out of I say a cop flying a drone. I would for sure think big brother is watching. Hehehehe.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

OK, I changed the way the pictures were hosted. You should be able to see them now.

Quoted below for convenience.

Thanks DesignFlaw06
I had an 05 Galaxy Blue FJR like yours. Now I have a 2014 Candy Red FJR, and I was wondering what to do with those soft bags that came with it. Great idea. Certainly going to look into it.

Thanks DesignFlaw06
I had an 05 Galaxy Blue FJR like yours. Now I have a 2014 Candy Red FJR, and I was wondering what to do with those soft bags that came with it. Great idea. Certainly going to look into it.

I didn't try the side bags. I'm not sure if they are deep enough, but let me know if they are. I take it you don't have a top box.

I like the way the Yamaha box looks, but if I get a new FJR, it'll be the 50L version instead of the 39L that I have. Lusting after a 2016 but my bike has everything I want already so it can't be justified. I use the top box all the time. Side cases are mainly for rain gear and luggage.

I'm anxious to see my finished product. The new foam pads are drying from the dye right now. Once dry, I'm going to rinse them again in cold water to get rid of any excess and hopefully prevent any from rubbing off.

Reactions: Lefty63
I didn't try the side bags. I'm not sure if they are deep enough, but let me know if they are. I take it you don't have a top box.

I like the way the Yamaha box looks, but if I get a new FJR, it'll be the 50L version instead of the 39L that I have. Lusting after a 2016 but my bike has everything I want already so it can't be justified. I use the top box all the time. Side cases are mainly for rain gear and luggage.

I'm anxious to see my finished product. The new foam pads are drying from the dye right now. Once dry, I'm going to rinse them again in cold water to get rid of any excess and hopefully prevent any from rubbing off.

Nope, no top box. Side bags only. May opt for a backpack style case.

Do you have a "frunk" liner? I can barely fit my helmet in there.
So I'm not sure how you are placing your Phantom, device & RC in, and have them safe from banging around together inside there. You must 'rYde' pretty slow? Then again, are you rYding an ST or RT? Mine is an RS-S.

RedHotPoker
I ride an 2014 RTS, it does fit snug, but it fits, along with my riding jacket. No banging around and I ride following the speed limit! When I get time I will send a picture.

Do you have a "frunk" liner? I can barely fit my helmet in there.
So I'm not sure how you are placing your Phantom, device & RC in, and have them safe from banging around together inside there. You must 'rYde' pretty slow? Then again, are you rYding an ST or RT? Mine is an RS-S.

RedHotPoker
2014 rTS. A tight fit but it does fit. No banging around. Drive speed limit. Will get you a pic

Yeah, me either. But it isn't a trike neither. Hahaha
But they're sure fun to rYde.
I rode my SpYder pretty much all winter here in Alberta. Ah, so what about you? ;-)

RedHotPoker
You got me there.... Thanks to an almost non existent winter here in Vermont, riding season has arrived early. I'm off this weekend, Phantom on board!

When our local SpYder owners~friends and whoever meet for a rYde, there are numbers of other bikes, makes, sizes, manufacturers, and people that come out to join us. No one has ever bad mouthed or dissed anyone else's choices of bike, trike hog, or wheel barrow for that matter. So I'm am a bit stumped & mildly surprised by some of the "friendly banter" in this thread. Can we all just get along people, and ride what ever we individually like? I'm sorry I chose a Canadian brand over American iron or another super fine Japanese crotch rocket.
& Does it really matter whether you/he/them wear leather or denim? Hahaha, we aren't in a fashion show. ;-)

RedHotPoker
Our riding group of guys ride Viragos, Maxims, Voyagers, Star, BMW, Suzukis and Harleys.

I own Harleys now but owned quite a few nice Hondas, Yamahas, etc.

As long as your safe It matters not to me what brand you ride. On The other hand I take a lot of poop being the only Harley guy and being LE I have to do it better or face the wrath. Lol
I just hope the weather clears before Christmas...........

It's not WHAT you ride... it's THAT you ride...
Anyway, I've had my P3P in a DJI hard case in the Tour-Pak (that's the trunk for you non-Harley guys) of my 2014 Ultra Limited many times. Survived the trips just fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl