Any issuses?

Reaction score
Has anyone got any known MAJOR issues with the p3 ? If we could please share to warn others to avoid disasters.

Every thing I have read so far has come from people under 30 posts (trolls)!

apart from that I am really impressed with it, hopefully stays that way.

only glitch that concerns me is the go home altitude in failsafe. Apart from that seems cool. Just make sure you check it is set to the altitude you want before each flight. Mine seems to reset itself.

No major issues have come to light.
I would like to see them implement the facility to reset home point in flight like all the other DJI drones.
Having less than 30 posts doesn't make one a troll.
Everyone on this forum had less than 30 posts at some time and very few of us ended up living under a bridge or having an unnatural attraction to goats.

I should like to see al your 'under 30 posts' in the time you were a troll.

Feel free to read em!

i'm just saying that there Have been a lot of people creating fake accounts with fake problems! If you don't wanna believe it Then you're bad.

Last edited:
Many members know that there have been a very small number of people creating fake accounts and making stupid comments.
Your <30 post comment wasn't worded well and it's obvious that post count is not directly related to reliability of information.

Feel free to read em!

i'm just saying that there been a lot of people creating fake accounts with fake problems! If you don't wanna believe it,you're just as stupid.
Many members know that there have been a very small number of people creating fake accounts and making stupid comments.
Your <30 post comment wasn't worded well and it's obvious that post count is not directly related to reliability of information.

"Everything I have read". What's wrong with that?

You show me one thread. That has shown a major genuine error from a new member? That I have missed.

Yes, we did have one day when we had a certain user get banned and decide to troll and create multiple accounts and post random gibberish for a few hours. These cases show up once a month or less often and they are taken care of. We have added 2 moderators to our team since then, so now we have a team of 4 plus me. We also added a spam filter that has been automatically deleting threads/users who post the "Raybans for $50" threads. We continually strive to keep this forum as spam/troll free as possible.

But let's stay on topic. Quite a few people had issues with gimbal vibrations but almost all of them were due to leaving the foam piece on the gimbal that should have been removed.

Reactions: snowghost
Another "problem" that I see often is people are having trouble setting up their camera settings in the DJI Pilot app. They are much more complex than the DJI Vision app. But, that's a good thing if you understand them well :)

I would not consider these major issues but here are 2 very common ones being reported.

Long Warm Up Times (IMU or Aircraft Warming Up):
2+ minutes to warm up before ready to fly versus
10-20 seconds. Recommended fix by DJi is to
cool the P3 down outside with battery out of it for 30min.
Best to have lower outside temps. Have the controller
on and connected to your device with the Pilot App up
and running. Then insert the battery into the P3
and turn on and as quickly as you can use the Pilot App
To do an IMU calibration. Ensure the P3 is steady and on
level ground.

Camera/Gimbal is offset so your view is not perfectly horizontal:
This can be manually adjusted per flight but the recommended fix is to calibrate the camera/gimbal on perfectly level ground. This can be
done right after the IMU calibration above.

These two issues are two that are widely being reported on this forum and others. DJi support staff on this forum and others have stated to try the fixes noted above and that DJi is aware of the issues and is continuing to look into them.

I should be receiving my P3A this Tuesday and am having a positive attitude. Also, hope the negitive comments are unfounded comments from DJI haters, pilot error or just plan Trols.

There _were_ major issues... such as no iOS app, gimbal lock no in place during shipping but these are really just one time things. I guess you could easily say that lack of Android Youtube streaming and lack of Ground Station are current major issues as these are being sold as part of the P3 but they don't currently exist. Yes, we are told they will be added but truth is, DJI sells the P3 as these things being available (not added in the future).

But the P3 seems to have no major flight issues currently... which to me is surprising. I'd say this is probably because it's part Inspire and part Phantom Vision.

Phantom Vispire?
Phantom Invision?

Good grief, are you for real or what? By your definition anybody who joins any forum is a troll until they've made 31 posts, is that right? What other forums do you frequent, what planet do you inhabit, so I can steer clear of both of them.

I am having problems with my iPad mini 2 disconnecting from my P3A. It has happened on each one of my flights (6 total) requiring a RTH initiated from the remote. Not sure if software or hardware (bad USB board) but I joined this forum ask for help with this problem. I'm the farthest thing from a troll as I absolutely LOVE my P3 and encourage everyone to buy one. I'm sure they will get this and any other issue fixed quickly. Incredible what this thing can do and is a steal at $998.

I am having problems with my iPad mini 2 disconnecting from my P3A. It has happened on each one of my flights (6 total) requiring a RTH initiated from the remote. Not sure if software or hardware (bad USB board) but I joined this forum ask for help with this problem. I'm the farthest thing from a troll as I absolutely LOVE my P3 and encourage everyone to buy one. I'm sure they will get this and any other issue fixed quickly. Incredible what this thing can do and is a steal at $998.

I haven't had issues with my P3P and Mini 2 but I haven't pushed the craft out very far and have had it up to only 300ft once.

I have had 3 flights where immediately after takeoff it throws a compass error and goes Atti. The last half dozen flights have been long and event free.

I'm glad we have the flight data recorder because if I crashed when the compass error occured, I could show it took off in P-GPS mode, with a ton of satellites.

I've measured magnetic field intensity around my launch site, and it doesn't seem high, but my P2 sometimes gets weird about calibrating its compass. So maybe something in the area.

That's good to hear from all that there is no major issues.

I have had 3 flights where immediately after takeoff it throws a compass error and goes Atti. The last half dozen flights have been long and event free.

I'm glad we have the flight data recorder because if I crashed when the compass error occured, I could show it took off in P-GPS mode, with a ton of satellites.

I've measured magnetic field intensity around my launch site, and it doesn't seem high, but my P2 sometimes gets weird about calibrating its compass. So maybe something in the area.

Sounds like a one off maybe the area?

Good grief, are you for real or what? By your definition anybody who joins any forum is a troll until they've made 31 posts, is that right? What other forums do you frequent, what planet do you inhabit, so I can steer clear of both of them.

Read my first post that's not my definition. I said most complaints were by users with under 30 posts! Read before you comment!

Record this and show us. You can use a app called shou! Quite a few people here using an iPad nobody has problems. Record it and upload it maybe we can help you. I think I did read one person complaining with a similar issue,he also had a few posts ;)

Read my first post that's not my definition. I said most complaints were by users with under 30 posts! Read before you comment!

I believe you said:

I don't believe there is any other way to interpret this - under 30 posts = trolls

I believe you said:

I don't believe there is any other way to interpret this - under 30 posts = trolls

That means I haven't read anyone with over 30 posts complaining with a known major issue.
As this thread shows there is no known major issue. I will define major issue while I'm at it, major issue being some thing like when the product needs a recall or all users are experiencing the same issue.

You see the purpose of this thread is to warn other people about issues and mainly to give confidence in new users! By People reading there is no problems they will feel confident.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic