Any good experiences live streaming with Crystalsky?

Reaction score
With my P4P, I tried both FB and Youtube using Go 4. Got through the authentications. But youtube pops up a dialog box saying I need to enable live streaming on my account. I guess it could be the 1,000 subscriber minimum. But I successfully streamed from my desktop browser as a test.

With Facebook, I get to the point where I can tap to start the stream. I tap it and it gives me a dialog box that says “you previously logged into DJI GO 4.0 with Facebook. Would you like to continue?“ I select continue and it just dumps me back to GO.

So I fire up Litchi. That doesn’t support YouTube. But I am able to get a Facebook stream to work!! Sort of. While the video feed coming back to the controller and displayed on the crystalsky was perfectly smooth, the resulting video on FB is all stuttery.

edit: I’ll add that I had a very solid WiFi connection to my router and a good high bandwidth broadband cable connection.

Last edited:
Just thought no responses was crappy, so here you go!

Will try tomorrow night, and will check in to the 1k subscriber thing. If that is the case, i will probably never be able to stream, lol. Being a video doctor seems easier though. Good luck! It's a neat feature in theory but having trouble imagining a real use for it. Maybe like Nat Geo type narrative with animals in the shot? I dunno. Street fights? No, it takes too long to set up and take off..... Hmmmmmm.

Just thought no responses was crappy, so here you go!

Will try tomorrow night, and will check in to the 1k subscriber thing. If that is the case, i will probably never be able to stream, lol. Being a video doctor seems easier though. Good luck! It's a neat feature in theory but having trouble imagining a real use for it. Maybe like Nat Geo type narrative with animals in the shot? I dunno. Street fights? No, it takes too long to set up and take off..... Hmmmmmm.
Thanks.

If the 1000 subscriber thing is true, I saw something about a way around it using the RTMP custom setting.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I have not tried it yet. The instructions for finding your key on YouTube may be out of date.

I have not tried it yet. The instructions for finding your key on YouTube may be out of date.
I tried it. It worked. Then it got weird and stopped connecting so I gave up for the night.

With my P4P, I tried both FB and Youtube using Go 4. Got through the authentications. But youtube pops up a dialog box saying I need to enable live streaming on my account. I guess it could be the 1,000 subscriber minimum. But I successfully streamed from my desktop browser as a test.

With Facebook, I get to the point where I can tap to start the stream. I tap it and it gives me a dialog box that says “you previously logged into DJI GO 4.0 with Facebook. Would you like to continue?“ I select continue and it just dumps me back to GO.

So I fire up Litchi. That doesn’t support YouTube. But I am able to get a Facebook stream to work!! Sort of. While the video feed coming back to the controller and displayed on the crystalsky was perfectly smooth, the resulting video on FB is all stuttery.

edit: I’ll add that I had a very solid WiFi connection to my router and a good high bandwidth broadband cable connection.

Hi Bill,

Facebook live streaming was working when using Crystalsky until the end of December of 2019. Then Facebook made a security change that DJI has not made an update for. My Drone is a DJI Inspire 2 Cinema Premium and video quality is very important to me. At first, I thought the problem was that Facebook reduced the allowable streaming resolution and I changed my settings to the lowest possible which did not work. I also tried going to Facebook --> settings ---> applications and removing DJI Go 4 app and reinstalling it. That did not work. I am going to try upgrading my VIMEO account to live to stream and try broadcasting through them. You can embed your Vimeo live stream through Facebook. This idea is the least attractive because it cost the most.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic