Any advantage to using V2.1 ESC's in P2? T-Motor Mod?

Salt water! I immediately removed the battery (it burnt out thereafter) , Used a heavy duty pump to pump kites up with to expel and suck out all the water possible. The next day I sprayed contact cleaner through everything, gimbal and GPro included. The main board was slightly wet but nothing major. I tested the Naza-M V2 that day with a dealer and he said it was dead. I found it hard to believe. A month or so down the line, I tested the GPro and it suddenly worked! I then had hope. A few days back I took it to the dealer where I purchased the P2 and he retested it, it didn't fire up. He took off the ESC to the motor and re-fired it up and it beeped into function mode, the motors (3 others) spun happily.
It may not function as it should, but I won't know until I've changed the faulty ESC. What are your thoughts?
Most folk say, hmmm salt water!!! It's dead. Seeing is believing, and that is what I intend to do Jason.

Where can I purchase Dji parts that don't cost an arm and a leg, can you help?

It sould have been flushed out with fresh water then dried. Check the battery terminals and make sure they are cleaned good.. It's time to eat.

Reactions: Mr BoLB
Might be better off replacing it. The camera should be taken apart and cleaned.

Reactions: Mr BoLB
All the ESC modules are the same and makes no difference which motor it's connected to...

Be careful. DJI specifically states in the instructions with their upgrade motors that the V2.0 boards should not be used with the 2312 motors because the V2.0 firmware doesn't allow the FETs to properly handle the additional current draw of the newer motors. So while a V2.1 ESC can be used with 2212 or 2312 motors, they advise not to use a 2312 motor with a V2.0 ESC.

I'm curious what startup sequence melody you get having one odd ESC. The V2.0 will give 4 tones after the startup melody. The V2.1 versions have no tones after the startup melody.

Be careful. DJI specifically states in the instructions with their upgrade motors that the V2.0 boards should not be used with the 2312 motors because the V2.0 firmware doesn't allow the FETs to properly handle the additional current draw of the newer motors. So while a V2.1 ESC can be used with 2212 or 2312 motors, they advise not to use a 2312 motor with a V2.0 ESC.

I'm curious what startup sequence melody you get having one odd ESC. The V2.0 will give 4 tones after the startup melody. The V2.1 versions have no tones after the startup melody.

The ESC v2.1 is the only board available for any of the P2 line of quads. Sorry I don't believe much of what dji as to say as their communication skills are very poor.

That is true. They don't sell the V2.0 ESC because the V2.1 works with both new and old motors. I did a bunch of research on this before upgrading one of my P2's and the ESC issue stemmed from a P3 version (from what I remember) that was having ESC failures that were apparently attributed to the older version of firmware. I believe you are correct in that the physical boards are the same between the two versions. It's just the firmware that's been updated. That's why I personally prefer to have four ESC's with matching firmware. But if it flies, it flies.

That is true. They don't sell the V2.0 ESC because the V2.1 works with both new and old motors. I did a bunch of research on this before upgrading one of my P2's and the ESC issue stemmed from a P3 version (from what I remember) that was having ESC failures that were apparently attributed to the older version of firmware. I believe you are correct in that the physical boards are the same between the two versions. It's just the firmware that's been updated. That's why I personally prefer to have four ESC's with matching firmware. But if it flies, it flies.

The P3's do not use individual ESC boards and everything is on the main board except LED's for each arm. If burn an ESC IC on the main board kiss 4 bills good by.

Hmmm... Now I'll have to go see which version it actually was. Must have been one of the vision models.

Everything on a single board, eh? That sounds more like profit than progress. Even more reason to fly what we have.

Hmmm... Now I'll have to go see which version it actually was. Must have been one of the vision models.

Everything on a single board, eh? That sounds more like profit than progress. Even more reason to fly what we have.

The vision + v3 and the non vision P2 v2 had the upgraded motors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik