Motor error, after t-motor install

Reaction score
Just replaced all four P3P motors with Tiger Navigator Series (White Version) V.3.0, installed as per T-Motor instructions packed with New Motors. After install the go pilot app is reporting obstructed motor error, from random motor on each attempt to start, after three to four tries, all motors start and after a low hover test flight, the P3P shakes like crazy, all my props are balanced, I adjusted the gain in the go pilot app, got that fixed, has anyone had this problem after motor upgrade, these motors got good reviews on youtube. I called DJI for some tech advice and got nothing, and there was nothing special to do when installing new after market motors, I told them that they had repaired this P3P for a crash from the first owner and replaced one motor and repaired the camera gimbal, and thought that the main board mite be the problem, they did not recommend the consumer do that work and should send the P3P into DJI for service. I thanked them for the advice, and wished them a nice day. P.S. This P3P in not under warranty.
I thought the main board was bad in the P3, just installed new main board, I did all firmware updates, relinked the controller with air frame, IMU calibration, and still the same problem, really need an answer. any ideas would be really helpful, Sorry about this long post ! Hope someone mite shed some light on this, thanks for reading this post.

You're going to get asked this, so I'll be the first. Why did you go with a motor upgrade? Everything I read says the p3p's tuned system is very good. Why mess with it?
I am assuming there is a reason you don't hear about motor upgrades here. In fact, your the first I have read.
I just looked and they look awesome! And the props...wow.
Curious to hear about it

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

MB above got it right.

Did you have these issues before upgrading the motors?

The motors, ESC f/w, and props are tuned.

If you look at DJI site that's how they sell their 'propulsion systems' as a matched or tuned system.

The Phantom drones are what can be referred to as a closed 'eco-system'. No 'hooks' or opportunity for 'hop-up' or similar parts. You may not be able to fix anything but rather restore it to OEM hardware/configuration.

With the esc being built into the main board, your not going to get a "faster" motor, right guys? So I'm just curious of the reason you would want to swap them. Heck I might learn something and have them next :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had one of the stock P3 motor freeze up (luck it was on lift off and not in the air, so I looked in to these and they are only a few dollars more then a stock set of DJI motors, the bells on these are balanced from the factory and the same KV rating as the stock ones, they are made for the Phantom platform so I gave them a shot, mite have to go back to stock ? All I can say is these are very smooth running and well built, and a little bit quieter then stock. I have been very happy with my P3 was just hoping to enhance it a little bit.

I did not have these issues before the freeze up on Motor #4. So from what you guys are saying is return to the stock and see that if everything returns to normal, I have the three stock motor that are ok I just need to replace the one with the frozen bearings and hope for the best, thanks for the insite, should have post the idea of replacing the motors here before doing the swap, I'll keep you up to date on the progress, thanks for the info. Anyone looking for some slightly used t-motors ** tiger motors should not advertise these motors as replacement for the OEM Phantom Series motors for sure !
Thanks for everything MB and N017RW, I'll keep you all informed on the outcome*******

By the way I forgot to say I have the old style 2312 motors, and I replaced the central board #33, going to grab a spare 2312 motor and get back to flying, thanks again my fellow Phantom Pilots.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1