Antennas

Reaction score
Trying to find out or understand the reason for the different colours of the antennas for the p3 standard both ac and Rc and how can you test to see if faulty

In both cases the antenna is just a bit of wire "tuned" to the transmitted frequency, in this case 2.4Ghz.
RC and AC both have two, linked antennas, in the RC the two little projections from the rear and on the drone they run down the front legs.

A full wavelength at 2.4GHZ is 12.5 cm. and this seems to be the length of the "bits of wire" for drones. (I think my calculations are right ?)

Different colours, no idea, colour will make no difference to performance, it's the copper wire inside that does the work. Mine are all grey.

Last edited:
The P3S has one antenna in one leg for command signals , to and from the RC , the other antenna is for video transmission back to the RC.

"Two inside" where Todd? Picture?
2.4Ghz will be approx twice the length of the 5.8Ghz. The 5.8GGhz may not even look like an antenna as you know them as they tend to be a stub antenna.
axii-2-stubby-rhcp-sma.jpg

THIS is quite a good demo on antennae replacement. My P3A is slightly different to this, my RC has two antennae coming out of the top, both for the control side off flying. I'll have a look inside later on............

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl