Another P3P Remote Question

Reaction score
I operate a second hand P3P that I use for roof inspections and pano shots. No distance flights, no high altitude flights, just close quarter work, rarely go more than 1000' distance and operate under 200' AGL. My remote is a GL300B that was somewhat abused by the previous owner (I had to open it up to remove loose pieces of plastic as a result of it being dropped). Both drone and remote work well but I'm thinking of replacing the remote as it seems like it was used as a football. I've read that I could use a GL300A, B or C, all compatible with the P3P. For the type of flying I am doing, what do you folks recommend I replace my remote with? I'm looking on e bay and don't want to spend a lot of money (I'm cheap!) Appreciate the input!

I operate a second hand P3P that I use for roof inspections and pano shots. No distance flights, no high altitude flights, just close quarter work, rarely go more than 1000' distance and operate under 200' AGL. My remote is a GL300B that was somewhat abused by the previous owner (I had to open it up to remove loose pieces of plastic as a result of it being dropped). Both drone and remote work well but I'm thinking of replacing the remote as it seems like it was used as a football. I've read that I could use a GL300A, B or C, all compatible with the P3P. For the type of flying I am doing, what do you folks recommend I replace my remote with? I'm looking on e bay and don't want to spend a lot of money (I'm cheap!) Appreciate the input!
For your purposes, any of the three would work the same. You would not notice any differences.

You might want to try for a C model simply because it will have a newer battery and it has proven difficult to find replacement batteries for the remotes.

Also, the remotes are known to have very brittle plastic. We have seen reports of buttons and sticks breaking off. Your current remote may not have been as abused as you might think.

Reactions: JoBe and FLYBOYJ
For your purposes, any of the three would work the same. You would not notice any differences.

You might want to try for a C model simply because it will have a newer battery and it has proven difficult to find replacement batteries for the remotes.

Also, the remotes are known to have very brittle plastic. We have seen reports of buttons and sticks breaking off. Your current remote may not have been as abused as you might think.

Thanks for the info! Yea, the screw recesses that hold my RTH button in place were all cracked, repaired with 2 part epoxy. I had a lot of floating debris and hardware inside the remote.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj