Another G'day from SE Queensland, Australia!

Reaction score
Hey all, my cut and paste intro from MavicPilots ;)
Not new to drones and aviation, just the forum. Have lurked around various forums and this one along with the other Pilots forums seems to be quite useful and friendly.
My background - Australian Air Force veteran - 21 years - aerospace engineering - now retired
Hold my RePL - sub 25kg
Have flown all things possible since I could hold an RC Tx, about 35 years ago, but for quite some time now my focus has been multi-rotors due to my other love; photography.

Currently flying -
- Mavic Pro (1st DJI drone, sentimental attachment plus carries my Insta360 One X and Lume Cube lighting system)
- Phantom 4 Pro (mainly mapping due to the dreaded Phantom gimbal issue I can't resolve)
- Inspire 1 RAW with X5R and various lenses (absolute weapon but time consuming setup)
- Mavic 3 (love this airframe)
- Still awaiting my pre-ordered RC Pro

Also starting to dabble heavily in the video editing world which the Mavic 3 has dragged me more into. Previously really focussed (pardon the pun) on stills, panos, and 360s.
Very much looking forward to learning more and sharing what I can with you all. Also happy to catch up with those in the area of SE QLD.

Cheers
Troy

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Queenslandaaa! Welcome mate, I'm just new here too. To the industry as well, so you're way ahead of me.
** But if you have any data or 3d questions I might be able to help.
Does that include me - another newbie to the forum? Always looking for better and wide and concise information and to learn new elements of this work. Cheers,

Reactions: snowy23 and Gagey52
Hi Aussiecate! Welcome.

Which aircraft do you have? I have a p4pv2. I nearly sold her last month, due to lack of time flying, but decided to give her another go.
I have the same. I'm using it primarily for RE work. Considering getting another as back up ... Or Mavic. I look for bargains as second hand units that do the work easily.
I fly Yuneec Typhoon H, Fimi and Autel for my own creative and stock work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20