Another Flyaway here.. with video.

Reaction score
I would have switched to ATTI mode almost immediately. Lots of cases of the GPS going haywire and ATTI mode giving control back.

Haha now thats batshit crazy. Check your compass readings and make sure they are under 1800. I personally dont think its a software problem. I had something similar and my compass readings were off the chart, had to reset it with the magnet trick and then calibrate it.

The fact that you have a video is always a good sign.
This is exactly what happened to me last weekend as well. The Naz also saved my azz as well. Did you lift off from anything metal?

That IS some incredible video my friend.

I make no accusations, assumptions or excuses for DJI, but that looked like RF interference. Whether it came from a WiFi router, an errant wifi signal or whatever - that is exactly what happens when RF interferes with your TX. Seen it a dozen of times with mine and others. Best advice I can give - get an app for your phone that scans the area before you fly. Better yet if you can afford to upgrade your transmitter, that seems to help but doesn't eliminate all the possibilities.

HienoKaveri said:
Ok dudes. Thought I would never join this crowd but yes it did happen to me too.

I've had the P2V+ for about a month now, with a dozen or so successful flight hours. Had the original P2V before this.

Did my normal ****, calibration and everything. This is what happened:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru8Oeyp9_Bo[/youtube]

Enjoy.

What I'm about to say is completely sarcastic...so hold on.

You are such a dumb ***. This is totally pilot error! There is no way this could be a firmware or mechanical issue. Say it out load, "I'm a dumb ***!" You are a fine example of why people try to blame a fantastic product for poor performance. I have thousands of flights and have never had a problem. This is clearly all your fault. You are flying next to water, you calibrated the compass too many times, etc, etc.

Now for there serious part....unless people have this happen to them, they will never understand. There will continue to be people who blame this on pilot error and will never accept the fact that **** does happen THAT IS NOT PILOT ERROR.

HienoKaveri said:
Ok dudes. Thought I would never join this crowd but yes it did happen to me too.

I've had the P2V+ for about a month now, with a dozen or so successful flight hours. Had the original P2V before this.

Did my normal ****, calibration and everything. This is what happened:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru8Oeyp9_Bo[/youtube]

Enjoy.

play the lotto man
cause you are one lucky bastard!

EMCSQUAR said:

I make no accusations, assumptions or excuses for DJI, but that looked like RF interference. Whether it came from a WiFi router, an errant wifi signal or whatever - that is exactly what happens when RF interferes with your TX. Seen it a dozen of times with mine and others. Best advice I can give - get an app for your phone that scans the area before you fly. Better yet if you can afford to upgrade your transmitter, that seems to help but doesn't eliminate all the possibilities.

Do you have a transmitter to recommend? I just got a Futaba T8J /2008 SB, and about to swap. Is this one better resisting to interferences?

PCB said:
jodaddy23 said:
not really a fly away .
What I don't understand is the 9999 meter limit, range extender states limit at 500 to 700 meters. http://awesomescreenshot.com/0952wt5mae
9999 meters is over 30,000 feet, where airliners fly.
What he is saying is he has the geofence limit set to 9999 m. So the thing thinks it is out of the geofence limit when it was nowhere near it. This is a good one to study. All I can say right now is WTF? The fact that switching to atti relieved the situation points lots of fingers at GPS. And the outside of limits points to 2.0+.

Just curious - is this a completely stock PV2+ or have you done mods and/or tweaked the settings with the Phantom 2 Assistant?

Actually you can see the Vortex Ring circling effect fairly early on - at 1:45 stare at the buildings, ignore the yaw movements, and you can see the toilet bowl circling. In a Dji video this circling is blamed on the compass that needs calibrating. But all those that are experiencing this issue say they have successfully done the compass calibration, so what gives? After 30+ flights I've had zero issues but, as noted repeatedly, all seems well and then, without warning, it just happens. Will my next flight be The One? Until recently this adventure has been pure joy. The Plus, when everything is working correctly, is very stable, amazing to fly, and the videos are stunning. But with each new post like this, much of the joy had been replaced with fear and trepidation. This isn't so much fun any more.

sergekouper said:
EMCSQUAR said:

Do you have a transmitter to recommend? I just got a Futaba T8J /2008 SB, and about to swap. Is this one better resisting to interferences?
Won't work , Vision + transmitter is 5.8.

Wow! That was scary. You are lucky it did not fall in the water. That is the classic flyaway behavior that many have described but you actually got useful video of it. I would want to send that video to your dealer and DJI and request a replacement. I would not trust this again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl