Another Arris CM3000 Gimbal Test Flight

I thought I did, but I think when I saved the settings I had saved the screwed up ones!

I've gotten rid of the jumping and the noise. Seem to have pitch and roll back to working. Yaw is fixed on one direction, rather than adjusting after x degrees. Any thoughts there?

Update: have the yaw working, sort of. It reacts very very slow. When the yaw does adjest I can feel low frequency vibrations.

So the updated SimpleBGC questions are:

1. How does one set the number of yaw degrees before the gimbal follows?
2. How does one set the yaw to react quicker?
3. How does one eliminate the vibrations?

If you have loaded the default parameters as on the dvd that came with the gimbal, you would still need to enable follow yaw.

Ton4 said:
If you have loaded the default parameters as on the dvd that came with the gimbal, you would still need to enable follow yaw.

Thanks Ton4, I think I was updating my post when you posted. Thoughts on my 3 questions?

This has been a painful learning experience. I was hoping to get the tilt lever working and now I'm just trying to get the gimbal back to where I liked it before!

1. I don’t know. It works perfectly in the default config however, for me.

2. As above, for me it works fine.

3. Vibrations would suggest a too high P value, according to tbe manual.

What version of the software are you running now?

As I said, I have 2.3b5, with default parameters, enabled follow yaw, and the voltage monitor for 3s defaults, set the tilt to angle mode, and change the - 30 to 0 degress.

I also learned that that at start up, when the gyro calibrates itselfs, you should not touch the Phantom.

I used to plug in the battery and start stuffing cables, closing battery doors etc, while the gimbal was initializing, but that's not good for the gyro calibration.

I rigged up a couple of small pieces of wood to go between the small CM3000 mount and the phantom body so the battery door could open all the way.

I did three flights with the unit at a local park. NO vibration that I could tell (have yet to watch the video). Those flights were smooth and quiet as far as I could tell. They were all with the stock phantom battery.

Next I put in the Maddog 2700 battery and the thing was vibrating so bad I thought it was going to fall apart. Can the extra 25 grams make such a huge difference? Perhaps that extra weight means needing to up the gains.

So are you folks using stock landing gear? Do they get in the shots when in yaw follow mode? Who has the best option for least interference of view in regards to landing gear- has anyone ever tried using servoless retracts? (the small ones)

I am poised to spring on this 3 axis offering from Arris- I just want to have a battle plan and all my ammunition here when it shows.

Bumping this thread again... I am trying to run wires, and set up my v1.1.1 in preparation for this arris 3000- I am confused on a couple of issues:

The last post, is possibly solved- and with it's solution (FrSky FASST compatible Rx with 8-16 channels) comes another question:

Are there instructions, or is there a resource out here online somewhere, that details head lock feature and complete wiring using all available options on this gimbal? The website states you need additional channels than what Naza offers (7 channel) and I have a 10 channel radio- I am thinking I can use channel 8, 9, and 10- but I also may be very mixed up in my assumptions on what I can do.

I want to make sure I am running the proper number of 2 and 3 wire home runs to the Rx (I make my own custom connections with crimper, so I can put connectors on later)

Has anyone posted any vids or threads on a FULL FEATURE installation of this and where please? (with or without Naza... I will reverse engineer what I need- just got to have a starting point)

Ok I've done a couple of test flights tonight with a new configuration.

1. Phantom 2 props
2. Arris CM3000 Gimbal
3. Six rubber grommets, hard

On battery one with some light winds I've got a terrible wobbling/vibration. The whole bird is shaking badly.

On battery two I disconnected the CM3000 and just let it hang. The vibrations were GONE.

All this time I've been tweaking the props, gimbal mounts and all this and never considered the gimbal itself is the cause.

So is this perhaps a case of the gains being too high on the gimbal then?

Thoughts?

mediaguru said:

Thoughts?

Are you using the F1 or F2 ports on the Naza for pitch or roll? I was wondering if gimbal signal was traveling back into the naza via one of those ports? Grasping at straws here... not sure.

I've removed the six hard jello dampers and gone with four soft. Been waiting for a couple of days for decent flying conditions. I'm RTF this afternoon if the winds are acceptable. Will report.

NO wind last night. Good time to test some gains and gimbal settings. No post stabilization on these. A few wobbles, but getting better.

BTW: Talked to ALL neighbors on my street. All have no problem with me flying there.

The setup:

Phantom 1.2
Vision Props
CM3000 with six soft rubber grommets

http://youtu.be/3Q1vc0y2vs0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic