P4P camera gimbal bent (photos)

Reaction score
IMG_1498.JPG
IMG_1497.JPG

I discovered this the other day.
I am not sure whether it has happened on impact or been this way since I got it. I have barely had any crashes and none of them have been forceful. The bend is actually worse in real life than what the picture depicts.
As you can see, the gimbal arm looks like it has been bent. Both from the side and from the front.

I get horizon tilt issues from time to time, and since I discovered this I notice them more often. The thing is, there is a lot of wind where I am shooting at the moment and that could be causing the tilt too..

Couple of questions:

1. Is this normal?

2. How did this happen? Is the material bendable? Can I bend it back? (I'm very reluctant to do this, it seems strong and not bendable at all. More likely to break IMO)

3. Is this covered under warranty? I have never crashed into anything that would cause this. I purchased this Phantom in less than 12 months and should be covered.

Wow! This is def bent for sure! That had to be a hard smack I would think for it to do that. Would thought it would have broke other things too. I doubt that you would be able to bend that back perfectly unless it was totally disassembled. That would be an undertaking I couldn't take on. LOL. Not sure on warranty. If you have refresh I think you can get a refurb for 99 bucks is it?

I think it is the gimbal guard causing this crap. That I have put it on imperfectly and not noticed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4