Android issues

Reaction score
I have a new Acer Iconia Tab 8. Clean out of the box. Newest software. DJI Go won’t open. Just crashes. I tried the side load, I tried an older version. Same thing. I’ve followed the fixes I have found here and elsewhere and nothing works. Thoughts?

Ok, here's the list of Q's.....

1) What is the actual model number of the Tab 8 ( Specifically )
2) What aircraft do you have?
3) What version of Android is on the Tab?
4) Do you have Developer Options enabled?

I could go on, but start with those...........

Reactions: RodPad
Ok, here's the list of Q's.....

1) What is the actual model number of the Tab 8 ( Specifically )
2) What aircraft do you have?
3) What version of Android is on the Tab?
4) Do you have Developer Options enabled?

I could go on, but start with those...........
Model is A1-850
Phantom 3A
Yes

This could be related to the Android Version. What you have is quite old and may not support the newest versions of GO. I can't tell you for certain, but personally I am on Nougat ( Android 7 ) and have no issues. My old device had Kit Kat as well, and was very sluggish. Once I updated to Marshmallow the issues went away. The app minimum support version is 4.1, so that could be an issue.

Reactions: RodPad
I tried an old version as well. Same thing.
I assume you mean the Android Version? Or are you speaking of the app version?

If you mean the Android Version, some older devices do not support the newest Android versions. ( Your device is a 2014 model, even though it is brand new as you said) I have a 2013 Galaxy Tab that cannot be updated past the last increment of Kit Kat, so it is useless for Go or Litchi.
You should get a pop up that schedules the update, ( If it is available for your device).

Can't guarantee that. But possibly. As long as it has a 1.9ghz or very close to that, core processor and at least 2 gig of Ram. That's the better option. I fly with a Galaxy TabS2, which works beautifully with my P3A and granted I have very old firmware on my bird. I see no reason to change what works so good.

1.3 processor and 2GB RAM. I see it’s in the list of ones that are supposed to work. We shall see.

1.3 processor and 2GB RAM. I see it’s in the list of ones that are supposed to work. We shall see.
That should work. Good Luck!

Acer Iconia one, tablet works very well, on at Canada Computers for 97 bucks. I was told, only get the one with the MedTek processor, I picked up the Iconia one 8" tablet/medtek processor, & its rock solid , no drop outs, no lag whatsoever.

Acer Iconia one, tablet works very well, on at Canada Computers for 97 bucks. I was told, only get the one with the MedTek processor, I picked up the Iconia one 8" tablet/medtek processor, & its rock solid , no drop outs, no lag whatsoever.

Good to hear. What version of Android are you running?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z