Android DJI - Vision update

Reaction score
Just got a notice the Android version of DJI Vision was upgraded.

Version 1.0.37
1. Modify continuous shots of raw picture
2. Modify the flow of user login, add os type recording
3. Modify some bugs

David

AnselA said:
Has somebody found a way to delete one or many photos/videos on SD card or on smart phone from the Vision app?

I haven't tried deleting them from the app but I normally put the SD card in my reader, transfer the files and then delete them off the SD. It just takes to long (in my opinion) to transfer them wirelessly.

David

...and if you leave the highest-numbered one on there when you've transferred then the Vision will carry on the sequence and not start from ...00001.* again, which can be a pain if you don't enjoy "...already exists, would you like to replace it..." type messages every time you want to take stuff off the card!

AnselA said:
Has somebody found a way to delete one or many photos/videos on SD card or on smart phone from the Vision app?

I played around with my Galaxy 3 and there is a "My Files" app. Went into there and drilled down to the DJI_DCIM folder and found my photos and video. You can delete them from there.

David

Super-D said:
AnselA said:

I haven't tried deleting them from the app but I normally put the SD card in my reader, transfer the files and then delete them off the SD. It just takes to long (in my opinion) to transfer them wirelessly.

David

Deleting images from memory card is "standard" feature on digital cameras, without taking the card from camera to computer. Why should images I want to delete be tranferred wirelessly? Vision camera supports card formatting, why not deleting?

AnselA said:
Super-D said:
AnselA said:

David

Deleting images from memory card is "standard" feature on digital cameras, without taking the card from camera to computer. Why should images I want to delete be tranferred wirelessly? Vision camera supports card formatting, why not deleting?

I'm sure that will come in time. As a matter of fact it was one of the comments made about it in the Google store.

David

Super-D said:
I played around with my Galaxy 3 and there is a "My Files" app. Went into there and drilled down to the DJI_DCIM folder and found my photos and video. You can delete them from there.

David

Does it display thumbnails of DNG images? Just anticipating DJI DNG release.

AnselA said:
Super-D said:
AnselA said:

David

Agree, pain in the butt-should be a standard feature!

dav5942 said:
Agree, pain in the butt-should be a standard feature!

I would agree but there might some valid reason for not allowing this right now. If you just did a 20 minute flight and had some great video only to fat finger delete it before you had a chance to transfer it would be reason enough for not allowing this. Don't get me wrong, this would be nice to have but it's not a show stopper and there is a work around. It's obvious the app isn't dead and I would "HOPE" the developers listen to the users requests so I'm sure it will eventually show up.

The only way that i know of to delete pictures using the app is as follows. This obviously only works for pictures and videos that you have synced to your device from the camera. But, if you, like I, would rather save pictures to the memory card instead of to the android device so as not to use up device memory here's how.

1. Find the my files folder on your android device.
2. click the folder,
device, DJI folder, select the files you'd like to move, not copy, and then you can move them to an existing folder or create a new one.

They will then be deleted from the app, and stored only on the memory card. Out side of that, you'd have to take the memory card out and put it into a computer to delete it.

Rich

This all seems like a waste of time. Why bother trying to do it through the app when you're going to have to plug it into the computer anyway? It's not like they take up any serious space. I was using a 16gb card and was out all day shooting stills and videos and had only used about 20% of the space on the micro sd.

Super-D said:
Just got a notice the Android version of DJI Vision was upgraded.

Version 1.0.37
1. Modify continuous shots of raw picture
2. Modify the flow of user login, add os type recording
3. Modify some bugs

David
still show chinese map on photo and video album :evil:

Elginet said:
This all seems like a waste of time. Why bother trying to do it through the app when you're going to have to plug it into the computer anyway? It's not like they take up any serious space. I was using a 16gb card and was out all day shooting stills and videos and had only used about 20% of the space on the micro sd.

Well, we can delete all of images from the card by formatting it in the camera, even in the air. But a selective delete without a computer is not too much to ask. RAW/DNG images will take more space, about 15-20 MB?

Pull_Up said:
...and if you leave the highest-numbered one on there when you've transferred then the Vision will carry on the sequence and not start from ...00001.* again, which can be a pain if you don't enjoy "...already exists, would you like to replace it..." type messages every time you want to take stuff off the card!
Good suggestion - the numbering system has been bugging me from day one!

Pull_Up said:

I do not know if this has changed with a firmware update but my PV2 always starts the filename with the date so I find it useful to format the card before each session so I can restart with #1 again of that sequence.
(hmm, I sound like a seasoned pro - this is only my second day !)

Yesterday, my Android app updated itself to the most recent version. Looks like minor changes.

Version 1.0.38:
1. Modify the message of user login,when password is error
2. Modify the flow of remote sync
3. Add the error tip of connecting remote album
4. Modify video previewing problem

pault said:
I do not know if this has changed with a firmware update but my PV2 always starts the filename with the date so I find it useful to format the card before each session so I can restart with #1 again of that sequence.
(hmm, I sound like a seasoned pro - this is only my second day !)

That's interesting, not come across that one before... how did you set the date in the first place? I don't seem to have that filename format on mine (first batch, 1st November delivery).

Pull_Up said:
That's interesting, not come across that one before... how did you set the date in the first place? I don't seem to have that filename format on mine (first batch, 1st November delivery).

Have you upgraded camera firmware? I have 1.1.7 which will name image files like:

D2013Dec25013416DJI00001.JPG

I am planning to skip the 1.1.8 version and wait for the one having support for DNG/RAW.

I'll quess P2V takes the date and time from GPS.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl