Android DJI Pilot app update overdue

i-Xx4z2C3-M.png

i-GpMJWTf-M.png

i-Kc6CFsq-M.png

Meta why don't you start one in the main thread? If you did not already...;)

If I delete V1.1.0 and install V1.2.0 does all my previous flight data get deleted?

Cheers

Woohooo! Weird that it doesn't recognize it as an update
If you had the old version from the play store installed instead of the one on the dji website, it would have. Going forward, it will recognize updates.

Based on the app prompt to change home to current location it refers to the tx GPS and not the mobile device. This is interesting. Can you guys confirm? So when you see yourself in the map, is that the tx or mobile device? And also, which of the two reports orientation?

Based on the app prompt to change home to current location it refers to the tx GPS and not the mobile device. This is interesting. Can you guys confirm? So when you see yourself in the map, is that the tx or mobile device? And also, which of the two reports orientation?
There is no GPS in the controller, so...

Interesting chat conversation I just had with DJI. They have no idea the new Pilot app is not available on the DJI site for those of us who must download the app to work on certain tablets. Here it is...
DJI

13:09:36
When will the DJI Pilot app be available on the DJI site for download? It is available in the app store, but new version is not available on the DJI download page yet for the Phantom 3 Advanced.

13:11:37
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download You can download it from our website also

There is only Android Version v1.1.0 there not the 1.2

Phantom_Cheney Send a screenshot to you
view enlarged picture

13:13:33
I am using Android

The latest version in Android is 1.1.0 version

13:14:43
1.1.2 version is for IOS device

13:16:23
Version 1.2.0 is now updated, and installed as of today on my phone, and is Android from the app store. Do you not know there is a new version of the pilot app? The app store is updated, but the DJI site is not.

13:18:14
Where you get the 1.2.0 version of DJI pilot app? The latest version is 1.1.0 now.

From the app store, it was released today

13:23:07
Could you go to the general setting->about in camera interface in DJI pilot app? And show me the version

13:25:11
The version shows 1.2.0, I am looking at it right now.

13:27:19
Even displays in the lower right hand corner of the home screen. Was prompted that there was an update from my phone for the Pilot App in my phone this morning so I accepted the update on my Android phone and walaa new version.

13:28:23
Could you make a screen shot for me to have a look?

13:30:13
ok capturing screen shot

13:31:18
Please send for me

13:35:00
ok had to take pictures of my screen to capture it for you, getting now

Ok

Sending file IMG_20150617_133258.jpg

"IMG_20150617_133258.jpg" Sent succeeded.

Sending file IMG_20150617_133426.jpg

"IMG_20150617_133426.jpg" Sent succeeded.

13:40:52
I got it

13:42:00
Android App store has it availabe, it updated, and DJI site does not have it available so I can download it for my Android tablet. That is my issue

13:46:43
Download from the android store the DJI Pilot app and see what you get

13:47:46
I am sorry for that our website still not follow the updated,very thansful for your support the information,I will feedback to our leader to make it can be download in website

Ok

13:49:05
Very thankful

For your support

13:50:54
Thank you for sending this information to the right people to update so we who use our Phantoms daily to have the current software available to all of our devices.

13:52:42
Ok,I will do that,very thankful

Awaiting DJI Pilot app to update on the DJI site.. Have a nice day.

Wait a minute..... I have to use the Gps on my phone now? I always shut off my mobile data and place it on airplane mode so my phone is less likely to crash while flying. I dont want stupid emails, texts, facebook notifcations and calls popping up while I'm flying.

Wait a minute..... I have to use the Gps on my phone now? I always shut off my mobile data and place it on airplane mode so my phone is less likely to crash while flying. I dont want stupid emails, texts, facebook notifcations and calls popping up while I'm flying.
What's GPS have to do w/ a mobile data connection?

Reactions: JBG

You don't HAVE to have GPS on your phone, only if you want access to the features that utilize it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic