An early morning light over the lake Velenje

Reaction score
Few days ago I went to make some early morning shots at the location which I already filmed before but never before sunrise.
The light was better at the beginning of the day. The second and maybe more important reason for getting up early was absence of people. The teritory is usually overcrowded during the day.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I love seeing your videos. It has been awhile since I saw your last one.
When you mentioned coal, I thought polluted water. People are swimming there, so it must be ok. I was a state mining inspector here in West Virginia.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing the early morning tour of the area Andy. You got some great pics in there as well!

I love seeing your videos. It has been awhile since I saw your last one.
When you mentioned coal, I thought polluted water. People are swimming there, so it must be ok. I was a state mining inspector here in West Virginia.
The water is completely clear despite mining. Actually there was no coal (as they dig it out) at the time they abandoned and flooded the tunnels. The lake is now about 40 years old so all the mud from the water sedimented to the bottom. At some places the water is more than 50m deep.
These days we have here pretty hot summer and the water reaches around 25 deg C which is just perfect for swimming or just relaxing in the water.

The water is completely clear despite mining. Actually there was no coal (as they dig it out) at the time they abandoned and flooded the tunnels. The lake is now about 40 years old so all the mud from the water sedimented to the bottom. At some places the water is more than 50m deep.
These days we have here pretty hot summer and the water reaches around 25 deg C which is just perfect for swimming or just relaxing in the water.
I'm glad it all worked out for everybody. Enjoy!
There are some places in West Virginia where water enters the old mine and leaches out the bad chemicals. The sulfur makes sulfuric acid and pours into our streams. It makes the water void of life. It actually gives the water a nice clear green color. They are always monitoring the streams. The problem has been mostly taken care of. It was a very common situation when I was young. Many streams were completely yellow. Today Many of those streams have trout in them.

Yes, everything is possible.
But water in this lake is tested on a regular basis and the result was always acceptable. Otherwise thy wouldn't have allowed to swimm in it.

Reactions: WV. Rootman

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic