The evening green light over the landscape - magic

Reaction score
It was taken three months ago at the end of May just before the sunset. Partly because of the almost parallel light partly because the intensive green grass and trees at that time the combination was simply as you can see. The colours are just minimally enhanced the green was real.

What came from YouTube is almost a crap. Get stuck all the time and res is 720 which looks very bad on full screen. I upload it in 1080 res and 30 f/s. Maybe should I change something in setup before.

The best video format for YouTube is MP4 with H.264 video codec and AAC audio codec.

I shoot everything at 1080p@60fps which allows me better results if image shaking, panning and zooming are necessary. Then I edit in Final Cut Pro at 720p@60fps and export the original 422 file. I then convert it to MP4 with H.264 video codec and AAC audio. This uploads very quickly to YouTube as it does Not need to be re-compressed by them. All my clients are happy with the results. HTH, BillCaf

Thank you very much!
I'm not quite familiar with YouTube tricks. This video was filmed in 4K, 59 f/s then converted to HD with 29 f/s.
The codec was H.264 but the video took nearly 2 hours to upload. The first time after that I watched it with explorer WIN 7 and it looks really as a crap. It was at max. 720p. Then switched to Chrome and it was nearly OK in 1080p.
Best regards.

Nice video and looked decent on my end. Around sundown is a favorite time for many photographers, often called the "Golden Hour" (more like 30 minutes) or Alpine light in mountain regions. Foreground and extended shadows, illuminating distant objects, the softer sun, etc. all make for a nice time to fly and get unique, colorful imagery, as you well show. Plus, you can cast your body shadow on your remote to shield the sun to actually see what's on the display!!!:cool:

Photo of sunset alpine light striking cliffs along the Rio Grande in New Mexico; P3S about 40 feet above river.

Attachments

• Alpine_Alamillo_Cliffs.jpg
    Alpine_Alamillo_Cliffs.jpg
    801.5 KB · Views: 178

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl