Amplifier 5.8ghz input

Mods almost done on my p3p got the dbs ite2.2x antenna and two rexuav 2.4hgz boosters. Also dyed my props waiting on red camo skin to arrive. Attached pics
Nice....Good mod itelite + amplifier and those are reputable brand ...ill try the China option but for now seems to be working fine...by the test that I already done...tomorow I planning to fly far and see the results...i just amp..5.8ghz (remote) not Video...for now

Ive got a cool setup on the way, got the new dbs ite2.2x antenna and rexuav boosters with battery and charger. Ive already done the clean install for the antenna wires and using some paddle antennas right now till everything comes in. Im not to focused on range but that will be nice due to battery limitations. I do want nice clear signal in my area that is heavely populated and where its not there are trees everywhere. The only thing i think ill do in addition is to add a headlight setup so i can fly at night. Still looking at the different options on that. Not sure if i want something that uses the aircrafts battery or has its own power source. Also if i do wire it into the drone id like to be able to turn the light off using one of the customize buttons on the RC.
I've been searching on how to wire lights on my P4P and control them with the "C" buttons. Where can I find info on how to do that?

I flew over 8100' with 100% signal using only the passive parabolic range extenders. Note the altitude; 74' AGL.

I can't imagine why anyone would need much better signal/range than that or why you'd spend all that money and time to do so...unless for fun, I suppose....

RangeTest_Annotated.jpg

Reactions: omardottin
I flew over 8100' with 100% signal using only the passive parabolic range extenders. Note the altitude; 74' AGL.

I can't imagine why anyone would need much better signal/range than that or why you'd spend all that money and time to do so...unless for fun, I suppose....

View attachment 101848
Wich specific antenna setup you have?..Amplifier?

Wich specific antenna setup you have?..Amplifier?

This antenna on a stock Remote Control:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DK4JQNE

5 bucks. Foldable. 10 seconds to install. I normally see a solid 25% range increase with this antenna. In open areas - such as the mapping mission I showed in my previous post - it really shines.

Worth noting, the above flight was conducted in 2.4GHz mode, which inherently nets greater distance than 5.8GHz mode. I haven't tested this in 5.8GHz mode yet, but I imagine the percentage of signal boost will be about the same.

D

Last edited:
My area sucks for flying, so many sources of interference and blocking signal. Without modding my setup i got 500ft if i was lucky. Now with the setup i have i was able to fly 12,000+ft. The total trip was 5.6 miles at an altitude of 393ft. I was very impressed i ended up losing video and still had full remote signal. If i was in an area with clear line of site for a great distance im sure the battery would be my only limitation. My setup didnt really cost me all that much, i think i have like 200 bucks total all in the everything i got. That includes mounts, new ite2.2x antenna, 2 rexuav 2.4ghz boosters, battery pack for boosters, and wires.

My pics above are flight logs of flights with and without boosters almost doubled my distance. Both flights were using the ite2.2x antenna upgrade.

500' and you would lose video signal? OR...lose control of the drone? OR...both??

I would loose video completely sometimes and very low rc signal. Other times i would loose both and it would RTH. If your flying in an open area than youll probably get good enough range, but for me i love to fly in the city so i need signal penetration so i can do what i want to do and not worry about RTH or if im in free flight i wont loose my drone. Also at the end of the day this upgrade adds value to your setup, as well as improved performance.

Reactions: omardottin
I would loose video completely sometimes and very low rc signal. Other times i would loose both and it would RTH. If your flying in an open area than youll probably get good enough range, but for me i love to fly in the city so i need signal penetration so i can do what i want to do and not worry about RTH or if im in free flight i wont loose my drone. Also at the end of the day this upgrade adds value to your setup, as well as improved performance.

Did you try the 32 channel hack? In some areas I found that the ability to manually choose an open channel netted a night and day difference in video reception.

Last edited:
Hi guys this is my second and final setup of my boosted P3S...4w 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz 2w and the amplifiers are attached to a 20000mha that was a battery booster originally and I adapt with the plugs for each booster and also a switch to power on and off...here a few pictures...

1533336725925.jpg
1533336731067.jpg
1533336738042.jpg
1533336743000.jpg

Reactions: paulg38
Did you try the 32 channel hack? In some areas I found that the ability to manually choose an open channel netted and night and day difference in video reception.

No whats that all about?? Is it actually doing something to the software??

Hi
Im new to drones, and brought a p3s, and I want more stable control and video, being from a radio and electronic background, as far as i can see 2.4ghz is for video, and 5.8ghz is control and data, if I'm correct the p3s is transmitting the video signal on 2.4ghz and the remote control is transmitting data on 5.8ghz, so what is the point of putting amplifier / boosters for 2.4ghz on the remote controller as its receiving not transmitting, if so pre-amplifiers would be better as they boost the incoming ( received ) signal.
Or have i got it totally wrong,
regards Paul

Does this help ?

That system gave 5000m .... its a combination of Argtek system and the same 5.8Ghz booster and with a 2.4Ghz booster as well.

I used a 7.2V LiFe battery with 5V BEC inline to reduce power to the 2.4 booster ... the 7.2V was direct to 5.8 booster.

Word of advice .... add more hot glue or resin around the mount of the connectors - they snap off easily.

Nigel

No whats that all about?? Is it actually doing something to the software??

Hello. Sorry it's taken so long to reply to this. To answer your question, "Yes." You change the APP to open up 24 more channels, over and above the 8 channels allowed by DJI. I have found that this is, by far, the most "bang for the buck" hack for your drone. Why? Because it's easier than most hacks (not idiot-proof, but not as hard as hacking the firmware), and all but eliminates dropped frames, especially in heavy 2.4Ghz and heavy 5.8Ghz saturated areas. The hack works better than simply switching to 5.8Ghz, which is becoming more popular by the day.

For those who use apple devices, the only reason the hack isn't super simple is because iTunes has changed to no longer allow the user to access their iPad directly. The fix is to install a legacy version of the software on your PC. There are a couple different suggestions regarding which version is best, but I can tell you with a LOT of confidence that iTunes v12.5.4.42 is the winning ticket. Once you install this version of iTunes, manipulating your iPad or iPhone become much easier. Once this is done...

The next step is simply to copy the hacked .config file into your Go and Go-4 apps. I'm not sure if the same .config file works for both apps. They might each have their own specific .config file. It's been a long time since I did the hack.

I don't have time to give step-by-step instructions, but google "dji 32-channel hack" and you'll probably find what you need. What I've given you here today is the fact that you need a legacy version of iTunes to get this done, which not everyone tells you.

Good luck!

D
32-Channels_1-16.PNG
32-Channels_16-32.PNG

The Go version 4 is normally not for the P3S system but is there a hack for that then tell me more. The channel switch is normally not available for the Go app ver.3 and the standard.

The Go version 4 is normally not for the P3S system but is there a hack for that then tell me more. The channel switch is normally not available for the Go app ver.3 and the standard.

Let me clarify. The screen capture is of the Go app, not the Go 4 app (note the LACK of 5Ghz option). That said, the same 32 channel hack IS available for the Go 4 app, hence the reference to 5Ghz network option.

D

But the Standard use only 2.4 GHz for Video transmission and the 5.8 GHz for control the bird.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj