Amazon sold me fake "Genuine DJI" props. Warning.

Ah, crap.
I just installed an Amazon set, came in dji bag, looked official.
No plastic wrap on hubs.
Has gold stripes on tips.
Flew it last night, seemed ok.
I'll take a closer look when i get home.
Compare to originals, look for factory stamp....

I kept using it for about 4 or 5 months until it no longer held a charge. Then I bought one at Best Buy and returned the defective one in it's place. Kinda sneaky but Best Buy has a very lax return policy these days and they love to please customers as much as Amazon does.
Shows what kind of upbringing you've had. Time to forward this to bestbuy

Dang! ,just received my knockoff DJI props from Amazon , no logo or plastic wrap on the hubs. Sending them back and going to Bestbuy in the morning.

THEY ARE LEGIT. DO NOT SEND THEM BACK OR LEAVE A BAD REVIEW. I just finished chatting with DJI support who verified with sales that they sold props without the logo and that Amazon only sells genuine DJI props. I sent this a link to this post to the rep. He is escalating it to see if someone will officially address the concerns expressed on this post. No, I do not work for Amazon. Like many of you, I was concerned when I discovered the props were thinner and did not have the logo but I had to use them. I like them much better than DJI's old props because they are much quieter. I feel they should have used a different model number on the props because of the changes. Here is the final part of our chat:

• I just checked Amazon. I bought them there.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010U0JHXU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    • visitor.png

Like I said, It's been a while
    • staff.png

Francis
      let me check

• 【System Message】Dear customer, the chat will close in 5 minutes due to inactivity.

• 22:03
    • visitor.png

This is what made me think to check with you......http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/amazon-sold-me-fake-genuine-dji-props-warning.112275/
    • 22:05
    • staff.png

Francis
      seems like this is a legit dji p3 propellers
    • staff.png

Francis
      you can compare it with the one we have on our official web store
    • staff.png

Francis
      http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-9450-propellers
    • 22:06
    • visitor.png

Does the one from the web store have DJI molded onto it?
    • staff.png

Francis
      yes
    • 22:08
    • visitor.png

Then this is different
    • 22:09
    • visitor.png

Though if DJI changed to a prop that does not have DJI molded onto it the store wouldn't necessarily replace the photograph
    • staff.png

Francis
      Let me clarify it with our sales
    • staff.png

Francis
      can you hold for a minute or 2?
    • visitor.png

Yes
    • 22:16
    • visitor.png

I just looked closer at the prop. another differece is that the black hubbed prop reads, 9450CW. The previous DJI props just read, 940
    • visitor.png

the previous DJI props just read, 9450.
    • 22:18
    • staff.png

Francis

Last edited:
I posted too much of my chat with DJI. The end was truncated off. Now I can't find the chat window since I closed it. Francis has the link to the post. he will escalate the link. Hopefully someone from DJI will address the issue on this post.

He did say that DJI sold "some" without the logo. That makes me think they fixed the issue with the logo however my experience with the quality is polar opposite of yours. The balance on mine were spot on. Because they are thinner does not make them junk if they are properly engineered. I expect they reduced the mass in the props to reduce prop drag and noise.

I have to agree with your assessment of the props you received. I would would call them junk if mine had flashing on them, too.

My Amazon props, with gold stripes, came in legit dji bags, had the dji logo molded in, and perform flawlessly.
Im keeping them as good and legit.
But thanks for the heads up, and watching our backs.

THEY ARE LEGIT. DO NOT SEND THEM BACK OR LEAVE A BAD REVIEW. I

You know what? After reading this again.... I am still not convinced. It really sounded like that the chat person had no clue what you were talking about. This is not the first time DJI chat has been wrong about something. There are MANY stories on here with them giving out misinformation. He was using words like "Seems like" and "looks like". That doesn't convey confidence to me. Also, the ones in the pic Amazon shows have DJI on them. The ones you receive do not.

You know what? After reading this again.... I am still not convinced. It really sounded like that the chat person had no clue what you were talking about. This is not the first time DJI chat has been wrong about something. There are MANY stories on here with them giving out misinformation. He was using words like "Seems like" and "looks like". That doesn't convey confidence to me. Also, the ones in the pic Amazon shows have DJI on them. The ones you receive do not.
"Seems like". "Looks like" are my words. Not DJI's. It is true he did not know anything about the issue. After reading this thread he contacted someone from Sales. They told him that "some" were sold without the logo.

I wouldn't have purchased these if they hadn't had the DJI logo,,I felt fairly safe ,,even though the listing didn't mention that they were CF,

I kept using it for about 4 or 5 months until it no longer held a charge. Then I bought one at Best Buy and returned the defective one in it's place. Kinda sneaky but Best Buy has a very lax return policy these days and they love to please customers as much as Amazon does.

Sir, you committed FRAUD, if you were my friend and told me this story you would be an ex friend. I can't comprehend how people like you think this is ok. I've seen this on other forums where others have done the same. How do you justify that this is a good thing to do. Would you teach you children it's ok to steal from a company.

I would hope you are banned from this site for the theft you committed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20