Amazon Fire Tablet = DJI Go ???

My Fire is the 4th Generation HDX with 2560 x 1600 resolution. I haven't tried it yet but it should be perfect! I just hope the app works OK. I didn't want to buy the P3 without first trying to load the app on my Kindle.It's loaded so I guess I'm good to go. I was hoping to use my Kindle as it had a lot of memory and a great processor. Better than my cell phone.

Last edited:
I use a 5th generation kindle fire. Works great. $50. That is once you load correct software. Took me a while to find DJI GO for kindle. Has only 5.6 GB of storage, but I just download video to the cloud and then onto my I-Pad. I bought this to fly until I researched in this forum what most of the veterans are using.

This new $49 one? Its slower than the old Fire.
To get the Fire or any tablet to work simply download and install the APK. You can get the apk file from the link below:
DJI GO 3.1.1 APK

Use the latest version of the apk file so all DJI models show up. To install the APK you should have checked “Unknow sources” from Security section under Settings menu on your tablet. Without this APK’s installation will be impossible.

I retired my Kindle from my p3p. It worked great for a good month it even updates (without the need of the play store) but I stopped using it because it wouldn't load the different style maps (only standard) and it wouldn't show my flight path because the map would glitch ontop of the trail. Just got my Nvidia Shield K1 in and gonna make my first flight with it tomorrow (not upgrading it to 7.0 because of some people having issues). Another reason as to why I decided to upgrade was because of the HDMI output and it is on a recommended list of tablets, the last thing I need is to crash and have DJI say that i was using a tablet that wasn't supported and deny my fix.

My Kindle is still working fine. I only fly relatively close and within sight so I'm not concerned with the maps to much. Much better than my tiny smart phone.

I had a working Nexus 7, but it ran out of memory, but I got it from a friend years ago, and he made it into a 2 user system so I could not log into all the stuff he had on it, and then just log into my account. Unfortunately, his account used like 6 of the 8 gigs, and it has been years, so I tried to reset it to factory specs, and appear to have bricked it. Thought I would just buy an Amazon Fire 7 to replace it, now that looks like an even bigger nightmare... Now I have no display for my Phantom 4, Inspire 1, or S900, that quick. What a nightmare.

Go watch this video and follow the step by step instructions. Because the Fire HD does not have the google play store, you need to sideload it onto the tablet then you can download the dji or litchi apps
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic