Which DJI App do I need on Fire HD8

Reaction score
Have just bought the Fire HD8 to run along-side the P3 Standard. I am using it for that purpose only and have consequently de-registered from Amazon to keep things simple. The next step will be to download the Dji App. Am wondering a couple of things :

Which DJI version should I use on this tablet and, what is the simplest way to download (there is no Google there of course)

Have just bought the Fire HD8 to run along-side the P3 Standard.
If the specs read correctly, you are going to have issues with this tablet. Can't advise on the app version, but personally from the specs alone, it is slow and not enough RAM to run effeciently. Just a note on that. It may struggle to keep up.

Thanks for that, I bought this really just to run the simulator, it came third in a published list (of about 40) for best to do the job??

Thanks for that, I bought this really just to run the simulator, it came third in a published list (of about 40) for best to do the job??
What list?

The question you should be asking is which devices are capable of running DJI GO without issues. If you search you will find people have reported that DJI GO and litchi both run well in this device. You will probably need to install the google play store to get the apps though. I don’t think it has GPS either however neither do no cellular iPads.

what is the simplest way to download (there is no Google there of course)

I don't understand what 'de-registering' would accomplish. Being registered in the App Store does not slow the machine down or use any resources in the background. IIRC, GO is in the Amazon app store, I know for a fact Litchi is. The simplest way would have been to install GO from there before doing that. Just re-register and install from App Store if GO is there.

Otherwise, you can search the internet for the proper APK on an archive site, side load it on your device, and hope it doesn't have any malware. Or, you can root the tablet and install the Google Play Store app

That was the problem GO wasn't there!
Well in that case, you're going to have to find a copy of the APK somewhere, and learn how to sideload

Didn't know you could install gapps on a fire without rooting.

And didn't look at your link but I'll assume that if you can do it in 5 minutes it doesn't involve rooting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic