Am I a Chinese spy, and if so, do I care?

I am not bothered if they look at where I am flying, very boring, and of course I would never fly near Nuclear or other power stations, hazardous installations, military etc.
But if they want a good look at the mud flats and estuary of Morecambe bay, then I am your man, 007.5, licensed to fly, but not kill.

I think DHS memo is just making things up with no basis in fact or evidence. What info could the drone footage give them regarding placement of such facilities that they couldn’t already see on satellite view.

I just got my first spy check!!!

Check3-e1434503208836.jpg

I read that news article and I am not happy.
Government surveillance aside, the Chinese are not allowed to purchase property inside China. This fact leads them to purchase property elsewhere. They are hungry for property. The footage all of us has is ours outright is ours alone. No one else has a right to sell it or use it, without our permission.
Is there anyone out there who can tell me if there is a simple or not so simple way for us to take back or prevent this theaft?
For my next drone purchase it might be worth a few thousand more spent to keep my freedom. Thank you very much.
That and the fact that their service sucks. It sound worth every penny of the $3,000 or so more.

Reactions: Uncle Stumpy
I read that news article and I am not happy.
Government surveillance aside, the Chinese are not allowed to purchase property inside China. This fact leads them to purchase property elsewhere. They are hungry for property. The footage all of us has is ours outright is ours alone. No one else has a right to sell it or use it, without our permission.
Is there anyone out there who can tell me if there is a simple or not so simple way for us to take back or prevent this theaft?
For my next drone purchase it might be worth a few thousand more spent to keep my freedom. Thank you very much.
That and the fact that their service sucks. It sound worth every penny of the $3,000 or so more.

I don't buy it. U.S. spy satellites reportedly have a resolution of 4cm. China can't be lagging too far behind. Why bother with tons of gigabytes of amateur videos?

SB

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
Expert.jpg

Reactions: Skywtch
And y'all were wondering why the GO app is always running on your phone in the background, draining the phone battery, especially when flying. :confused:;)

I think we in general need to consider buying from China. How ethical is it?
They will throw people into prisons without trials. China is not a democratic country.

They are taking over our economy so in future most of us will have Chinese employers. And all of this because I and you are buying cheap products from China. And they have a market that is not open same way for foreign companies as the domestic industry.

I also buy chinese stuff, hey my iPhone is made in china.

Therefore I would buy GoPro Karma if they only had better connection then Wifi.
And on top of this DJIs terrible service.

Still I have mixed feeling as I want good equipment and might buy next Phantom 5 with X7...
Thats why I wish it was a healthy competition. At lest Japanese of South Korea if not western companies.

And I don't like the spying thing from a terrible country like China. If I have to choose I rather have the US spying on me. At least if that country get rid of orange 45...

Go Pro Karma? That is still a thing?!

I haven't flown my P3 in I don't know how long...been quite awhile (month or so). I basically only fly my Autel...and Autel has the best customer service in the industry, bar none. But I don't fly the P3 because the XSP is just so superior in every possible way for how I use my drone.

I should get out there this weekend maybe and fly the P3. At least exercise the batteries.

Reactions: KentA
Go Pro Karma? That is still a thing?!

I haven't flown my P3 in I don't know how long...been quite awhile (month or so). I basically only fly my Autel...and Autel has the best customer service in the industry, bar none. But I don't fly the P3 because the XSP is just so superior in every possible way for how I use my drone.

I should get out there this weekend maybe and fly the P3. At least exercise the batteries.
Thank you I will look into the Autel X-Star Premium for sure.

All drones have their issues. But the Autel has the least of them all.

This may explain why my P4P disappears for days at a time--often returning in the pre-dawn darkness with interesting footage of submarine docks and farmer fields full of hidden underground ICBM silos.
Is either that or it has been waiting at DJI customer support being forced to update firmware with updated "No Spy Zones" -"DJI’s GEO System delineates where it is waste of time to spy, where flight may transfer irrelevant military data or gross pictures of skyboysteve in underwear"

After I have lost two Phantoms I also realised that "Return to Home" at times is interpreted as going back to DJI.

Is either that or it has been waiting at DJI customer support being forced to update firmware with updated "No Spy Zones" -"DJI’s GEO System delineates where it is waste of time to spy, where flight may transfer irrelevant military data or gross pictures of skyboysteve in underwear"

After I have lost two Phantoms I also realised that "Return to Home" at times is interpreted as going back to DJI.

Gross pictures? I’ve got pretty undies though. Even my mom says those are my best selfies!

All iPhones are made in China, it would be much more efficient, and would provide much more data to the Chinese if they used iPhones to spy on Americans. This way instead of flying over a Nuclear Power Plant they could just "walk in" inside an employees pocket, they could do that with the military, the president, hell anyone with an iPhone, they could turn on the mic, camera, GPS..... So really given the choice would the Chinese use a few 1000s Drones that mostly sit in closets all week, broken, or millions of iPhones? Just say'n this is the stupidest thing our Gov has ever said.

Reactions: Erised

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj