Altitude incorrect

Reaction score
After IMU calibration (all level and still) and compass calibration, away from any metal objects, the app shows about 10' higher than actual height. P4 will be hovering at 5', but screen shows 15' (roughly). Anyone else experience this or know of a fix?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The measurement is performed by a barometric sensor.
It is subject to drift as well as errors due to poor temperature compensation.

There's no fix and some flights may be more accurate than others.

Reactions: With The Birds
Mine often shows the altitude as being underground, maybe as much as -50 feet on landing from zero takeoff. I don't know if it is a flaky barometer in the P4 or just some programming bug in the firmware or Go software someplace. Most of the time it climbs and shows some +6 to +10 feet just sitting and warming up as it is cold out. Annoying though.

Some might be due to the VPS system too getting inaccurate readings off the ground due to whatever too, and adding or subtracting that info from the barometer.

Just have to learn to live with it and hope DJI figures out how to make the thing more accurate than it currently is.

I did notice doing a WARM MUI calibration versus a COLD MUI calibration a difference in this issue. It will take much longer to get the Ready to fly notice, but try it and see what you come up with.

My concern is setting a waypoint mission in Litchi to run at 50' above ground to search for things and clear most obstacles. If it runs at 30' actual instead of 50', seems like an accident waiting to happen?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers