Almost Lost My F550

Reaction score
. I was filming the fireworks on the fourth in Destin Fl. I'm not sure what happened yet but she got away from me.
I may have hit the ATTI switch and the wind grabbed it .not sure. It was 9:00 PM. So it was very dark out. I lost orientation and panicked as I lost sight of it.
I hit the RTH and hoped for the best. I found it a block away ,badly bruised . One arm broke,all six props shredded ,the bottom plate at the arm mount is cracked and GPS mast broke. I recovered the video, I had it up about 100 ft hovering in GPS mode. after 7 min it started to drift, that's when I may have hit the ATTI mode. The camera was still facing in the same direction .it only sped up once then hit a power line at about 45 ft up.
Now I'm waiting for the UPS man to bring me some repair parts.
Wayne

Reactions: Ti22
Reaction score
I feel your pain, there’s always next year. I recently lost an RCLogger EYE Extreme - flew away, bye bye…. I can relate to that sad feeling brother but fortunately you have something to repair. I’m staring at an empty box and extra props/battery…

Reactions: Tallyrver
Reaction score
Share video link please. Want to see.

Reaction score
All the parts for the rebuild are in. New E600 motor,Aimdroix arm,new top plate.
My Walkera G3d took a pretty good hit,bent the arm but didn't break. The Storm32 controller is fine. I just upgraded the firmware to the latest version.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scott Larson