Almost Had A Bad Incident

There's no hint of a compass error or interference from solar flare activity.
The Phantom simply had trouble finding anything it could recognise on a sea of fuzzy green grass.

Thanks Very Much... That's A Relief... Again... Thanks To All For Your Help... Have A Great Day !!! Steve

Maybe not but could it have been that you (@lil boss) started the flight with a battery at 58%??
That's not the kind of problem that launching with a partially discharged battery would cause.
But in any case, his flight record starts with:
10m 1.8s Starting Motors 17satellites 0ft 0.3ft 0mph 3.9ft 58%.
That the start time is 10:01.8 indicates he had already been flying just before and the flight record is broken because he's landed and launched again.
That's quite different from launching with a battery that's been sitting around for a week slowly discharging.

That's not the kind of problem that launching with a partially discharged battery would cause.
But in any case, his flight record starts with:
10m 1.8s Starting Motors 17satellites 0ft 0.3ft 0mph 3.9ft 58%.
That the start time is 10:01.8 indicates he had already been flying just before and the flight record is broken because he's landed and launched again.
That's quite different from launching with a battery that's been sitting around for a week slowly discharging.
WOW... I am amazed at what you can pull from a flight record. Not having any issues ever I am Flight Record Dumb !!! Your explanation is spot on... I started the day flying with a fully charged battery and had many flights before this incident. Thank you all for your expertise.

Last edited:
I flew earlier (9/12) and all is well. Drone flew well with no worries, glitches, etc. To be honest I did NOT issue a RTH home command as I am worried. Perhaps next trip out I'll gather up my you know what and initiate a RTH. (I'll put that on my flight check list so I don't forget!!
Thanks Again To All Involved.... Steve

Your Phantom started flying away from the home point as soon as the precision landing feature started locating the landing point. Did you take off from a landing pad? If not, I'm assuming the precision landing feature was having trouble locating the landing point since you took off from a large grassy area.

View attachment 88048
Just had a thought (did you smell the smoke). Why didn't the drone use the GPS coordinates to land correctly ?

You could try again and watch to see how long it keeps trying.
Sure Thing... NOT !! LOL... Don't think I'll chance it. Too many stories out there... Don't want to add my bird to that list.
Funny.... I once did an auto land onto the pad... and crash avoidance.. canceled the landing. Apparently the computer thought the landing pad was an obstacle. Haha... So, as I said, I'll try and RTH (no precison landing), and it works out then I'm good. Thanks again for your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94