All-in-One firmware Version: v1.6.80

I updated yesterday. At 99% complete the gimble began having a seisure (twitching). After 2-3 minutes of watching it twitch the gimble motor was hot. Then I got the message "update failed" so I rebooted both units, as instructed. Upon reboot it wanted to "start" the upgrade again which it completed in a few seconds. I flew it successfully. I've had previous updates indicate "fail" but upon rebooting, everything was okay.

That updating is very strange! I was update v 1.3.50 to this. Last time wasnt that easy, i thought i was bricked hole bird

Another update, yet more problems updating.
I've been trying all day to get the bugger updated and so far no good.
Fully charged battery and remote. Maximum update gets to is 40%. Settings in go app show latest firmware, but it has failed every time. I have reinstalled goapp. I have tried on iphone and android.
Now bird is sitting there screaming at me.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My friend just updated, first it got stuck and failed. Then it finished normally.. Im freakin out this wireless update method
The same here - first time: error, second attempt - all good, update done on iPhone. What is strange - on iPad, in "About" section, I get "Aircraft - Version Unknown" not sure why?!?

Another update, yet more problems updating.
I've been trying all day to get the bugger updated and so far no good.
Fully charged battery and remote. Maximum update gets to is 40%. Settings in go app show latest firmware, but it has failed every time. I have reinstalled goapp. I have tried on iphone and android.
Now bird is sitting there screaming at me.

Doing the update on P3S is the worst thing - it always fail, and the bird makes horrible noises... I really don't like this update stuff :(

I've got a p3s and I updated it to 2.8.0 and now it want con ectopic when I go outside but works fine a bit when I'm inside but soon as I go outside it looses signal altogether well peed of with it.

Anyone having this problem or no of it??

Mines buggered. It's going back to dji. Was thinking of getting a P3A or P3P, but no so sure now.

I just got a new battery and after inserting I received the prompt for 1.6.8. Any suggestions or updates since updating?

Just wondering if you are all based in US, have fired up my P3S a few times but no update available. I've got the new DJI Go App since it updated automatically on my phone. Are new firmware updates put out geographically?

Also should I update, sounds like there's been a few hiccups?

I updated mine last night to the latest firmware. I have a P3S and am in the good old USA. I had no issues at all. It only took about 10 minutes.

I then tested it today. Everything worked great. I am going to fly later this evening and check the distance, but I don't see anything wrong going on on my end.

Full flight tonight = no problems...except for the red tail hawk the chased it for a second![emoji51]. My son was spotting for me and saw it take off from a tree. I brought my P3S toward me and it followed for about 300 feet then veered off as I got close and lower. That is another lesson for always having a spotter and be mindful of your surroundings.

I have problems connecting to GPS features after updating my P3S it takes about 5 mins for me to be able to fly safely...

It means that a single file contains all firmwares necessary to upgrade the controller, aircraft/gimbal, and battery.
Thanks. Is DJI doing that for all the P3s now?

Thanks. Is DJI doing that for all the P3s now?
Seems like the direction they're going. It does make it easy in a way. You don't have to download separate firmwares and do the upgrade one by one. The downside is, simultaneous or sequentially updating all those components increases the chance of things to go wrong.

IMO, DJI should put additional fail-safe mechanisms to the update process.

Reactions: gvsukids
I installed it the other day on my P3 4k. No more lost connection messages (they happened randomly for no reason, in clear line of site) and while I was getting 3400ft consistently, the other day I got over 4100ft out with this update, and that was without the windsurfers on... It feels like this update fixed some serious connection issues with the Standard / 4k models. It installed without issue.

I installed it the other day on my P3 4k. No more lost connection messages (they happened randomly for no reason, in clear line of site) and while I was getting 3400ft consistently, the other day I got over 4100ft out with this update, and that was without the windsurfers on... It feels like this update fixed some serious connection issues with the Standard / 4k models. It installed without issue.
What app version you on ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl