All-in-One firmware Version: v1.6.80

Just thought I'd throw this out there. My update failures occured when the controller lost the connection with the p3s during the upgrade. I spoke to a pilot earlier today who had similar issues. He stated that the fix was to move the controller away from the drone, not right next to it as I had done. Around a meter or so instead. Thought I would relate that for anyone still having similar issues.
Cheers,
Shawn
Thanks for input!, everything helps.
Humm?

I upgraded to the latest fw last weekend without error. The bird flew well. As advised in this forum, I removed all home wifi connection on my iphone and only connected to 4G to download the fw. It took only about 15min to install.

I'm only have the bird less than a month, and very new to drone so I only fly it max 32m at the highest and about 150m in distance. I'm still mastering my manuever and get use to the bird orientation.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: gvsukids
Hi!

Yesterday weather allowed for a longer flight in Sweden (CE) and this time the purpose was to examine if the 1.6.80 f/w changed the range in some way (compared to 1.3.50+)

Screenshot as proof below ;)

At 700m+ - started to get weak videosignal but no loss of 5.8G RC signal, returned home manually.
This is in CE-mode and no modifications whatsoever, going to try the limit this weekend if it only could stop snowing :)

/Per
I was able to get 1,3 km out on 1.6.80 (CE mode/Norway) in an interference free area, but only 150m on a grass field with trees around it somewhere else, so environment has a big influence on the Standards range...

Reactions: arcaine25
I was able to get 1,3 km out on 1.6.80 (CE mode/Norway) in an interference free area, but only 150m on a grass field with trees around it somewhere else, so environment has a big influence on the Standards range...

It actually has a lot to do with Standard, 4k, Advanced, Pro, and P4's range too. the more dense the area with foliage, the more your signal gets cut. It has to do with the reflective absorbtion of the moisture in leaves and what not. I read about it somewhere while researching radio frequencies in dense wooded areas. I'll have to see if I can find it again.

That's all I fly around is trees and water here in N/E MS and have read that also but it doesn't seem to bother me .
Maybe shooting the signal through the foliage but over it , I dono . My 4K
IMG_4378.PNG now I do use itelite panels on that and have got 3.02 miles with my standard a little higher.
From what I have seen as long as you have LOS tree's don't hurt ya .
Or not me anyway .

That's all I fly around is trees and water here in N/E MS and have read that also but it doesn't seem to bother me .
Maybe shooting the signal through the foliage but over it , I dono . My 4K
View attachment 55106 now I do use itelite panels on that and have got 3.02 miles with my standard a little higher.
From what I have seen as long as you have LOS tree's don't hurt ya .
Or not me anyway .

Those MOD antennas are what helps. Stock, not so much. It's not going to completely wipe a signal anyway, but it can on occasion, depending of course on all the factors at play, density of foliage, humidity, temperature, focal point, if your left toe is crossed towards the left foot or pointed southwest, etc etc etc

Reactions: dirkclod
Those MOD antennas are what helps. Stock, not so much. It's not going to completely wipe a signal anyway, but it can on occasion, depending of course on all the factors at play, density of foliage, humidity, temperature, focal point, if your left toe is crossed towards the left foot or pointed southwest, etc etc etc
Agree with the toe crossed :)

Reactions: arcaine25
This happened when I tried to install the update. The update got to 95% and then stalled while the camera had a seizure. A few minutes into this, I shut off the controller and power cycled the bird. It came up fine, and a quick test flight was nominal. The app still prompts me to install the update, but I don't know if I want to let it try.

This happened when I tried to install the update. The update got to 95% and then stalled while the camera had a seizure. A few minutes into this, I shut off the controller and power cycled the bird. It came up fine, and a quick test flight was nominal. The app still prompts me to install the update, but I don't know if I want to let it try.

This happen but with the remote said it went through but then kept telling me to update then gave me an error when I tired I just kept cycling power and trying the update u til it worked.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is this video close to yours or same?
No signal after update

Finally I`ve tested phantom with a 1.6.80 firmware. What I can say is only I have signal issues with DJI GO app. I have several "signal lost" errors in 30 seconds, and it keep appearing. With Litchi - no problems at all. The same range (700 meters in CE mode) as before, stable and strong control and video signal when drone is 500m away.

I also updated my P3s with latest firmware, got to 99% and camera had a seizure and gave me update failed message. I shut off remote and power cycled bird and all ok...well I think? Will test out later.

Anyone receiving this firmware update? Thanks

Overview 1. All-in-One firmware Version: v1.6.80 2. DJI GO app iOS Version: v2.8.0 3. DJI GO app Android Version: v2.8.0
We ran the update on TWO Ph 3 Standard and both got wrecked, running now V 2.8.4 on ios and V1.6.80 on aircraft. No radio signal whatsoever, if anyone is going through the same issue, help is appreciated.

I have updated all and tested. No issues on my end for my P3S. Range was still great too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20