Airspace Authorization

Reaction score
I have an upcoming drone shoot near an AFB so I applied for and was granted (within 24 hours) permission to fly in this Class D airspace for a one time only residential real estate gig. Now that I have this authorization how do I use it? How do I get around the expected geo-fence when I get on site to fly my P3P? through the DJIGO app? My iPhone Airmap app is basically useless other than logging the flight mission - it doesn't give me an opportunity to input any authorization data... Any suggestions on this are greatly appreciated.

The FAA authorization is just that. A code you keep in case big brother (The FAA) comes knocking. Having to unlock your drone for a no fly zone is as simple as self certifying to DJI that you have permission to fly there. If it’s your first time to unlock with DJI you’ll have to give your cell number and they text you a code. Then you enter that code into the go4 app

Edited to say when the go4 app tells you it’s a no fly zone, it’ll promo you to self certify. You’ll need WiFi or cell service. With my P4P+ I need WiFi or have to make my cell a hot spot.

Reactions: jazzyjaa
The FAA authorization is just that. A code you keep in case big brother (The FAA) comes knocking. Having to unlock your drone for a no fly zone is as simple as self certifying to DJI that you have permission to fly there. If it’s your first time to unlock with DJI you’ll have to give your cell number and they text you a code. Then you enter that code into the go4 app

Edited to say when the go4 app tells you it’s a no fly zone, it’ll promo you to self certify. You’ll need WiFi or cell service. With my P4P+ I need WiFi or have to make my cell a hot spot.
Awesome info... Big time Thank you!

I have an upcoming drone shoot near an AFB so I applied for and was granted (within 24 hours) permission to fly in this Class D airspace for a one time only residential real estate gig. Now that I have this authorization how do I use it? How do I get around the expected geo-fence when I get on site to fly my P3P? through the DJIGO app? My iPhone Airmap app is basically useless other than logging the flight mission - it doesn't give me an opportunity to input any authorization data... Any suggestions on this are greatly appreciated.

Good morning and Happy Holidays JG697. My question is about your authorization. Was it a LAANC or a waiver? I've tried to get long term waivers and was denied. I'm looking for an example/template for such. Thanx...…….

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20