Airspace authorization approval time

Reaction score
I've searched the forums, watch Youtube videos, etc. on getting airspace authorization. Sounded like you would wait months for approval, if you filled out the request properly. I requested airspace authorization for Stuart Airport, Class D yesterday. Approval was granted in less than 24 hours. I'm I just lucky?

Reactions: BigAl07
I've searched the forums, watch Youtube videos, etc. on getting airspace authorization. Sounded like you would wait months for approval, if you filled out the request properly. I requested airspace authorization for Stuart Airport, Class D yesterday. Approval was granted in less than 24 hours. I'm I just lucky?
With the release of the LAANC system a lot of pressure has been taken off of the "manual approval" process. While 24hrs is GREAT I'm not really surprised. So long as it's a safe & logical request it should be a quick turn around.

Congrats :)

Some service centers are very quick, and some aren't. The ATO Western Service Center is taking about 4 weeks to approve 107.41 WAAs w/107.29s attached.

It depends where your at
I’ve gotten approvals in as little as 10 seconds

I think you're confusing LAANC with non-LAANC authorizations. LAANC can be almost instant but there are areas that LAANC is not operational and in those areas (or in instances outside of LAANC processing parameters) will require the old school approval process.

Reactions: Palmcity
I think you're confusing LAANC with non-LAANC authorizations. LAANC can be almost instant but there are areas that LAANC is not operational and in those areas (or in instances outside of LAANC processing parameters) will require the old school approval process.
Correct

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4