Airport/plane log. How I get on.

I know what you speak off Mike and tried it and it does crash with waypoints but other than that mine is running fine .Just flew .
Try to swipe to waypoints and it does crash .
I don't use those but seen that thread and did try it . Maybe they will fix that soon for those that use that .
I can't figure out in my head what Porky's problem is though unless it's like rob said .

Reactions: Mike Drone7
I know what you speak off Mike and tried it and it does crash with waypoints but other than that mine is running fine .Just flew .
Try to swipe to waypoints and it does crash .
I don't use those but seen that thread and did try it . Maybe they will fix that soon for those that use that .
I can't figure out in my head what Porky's problem is though unless it's like rob said .
I know that does seem pretty odd and I'm sure its frustrating the hell out of Porky.

Well at least I know it isn't just me with the ground station. I don't use it much either but it would be nice if DJI would do something about it.

On a side note I am no longer having a problem getting my compass to calibrate, second try this afternoon and I got it;) I've run my batteries down to 30% about 10 times each with the RPG and no problems with it dropping or the Tx cutting out. I'm still going to keep it close for a while and keep an eye on it but I think all is good:D

Reactions: dirkclod
I know it's not the new app cos I didn't upgrade it;)

I'm on the east side of the island so I don't think it's that but you never know;)

Think you could be right dirk, poor old thing is jet lagged :D

Might be able to try again today but Mrs porkys got other plans:eek:

I'll keep you guys updated on how I get on;)

Wonder if this has anything to do with not being able to calibrate the compass :D
image.jpg

Oh you gotta laugh:D:D I'll get it workin;)

If it don't work it will be making its own way back to the UK via the Atlantic, well the case is water proof so should be ok, message in a bootle comes to mind:D:D

p2 or p3 ? . if it a p2 and all else fails try degaussing the compass with a magnet (fridge magnet might work if your stuck if they got lucky lucky men over there).
be a shame to take it all that way and not get any footage

p2 or p3 ? . if it a p2 and all else fails try degaussing the compass with a magnet (fridge magnet might work if your stuck if they got lucky lucky men over there).
be a shame to take it all that way and not get any footage
P2V with a RPG rob . Maybe it was where he was at . Like something in the area to cause it. I have never had that happen but fly in the country .
I wouldn't think the trip over on the plane would have caused it unless maybe he had something in his case that came in contact with the compass .
What you suggest is all I can think off that might help .
Well that sucks !!

it was just a thought as he i a lot closer to south pole now instead of the north
only other thing i can think off is heatstroke ! going fron cold rainy uk to hot climate !
LOL..heatstroke huh :) Naaaa
I have been trying to replicate his issue but can't short of just putting a strong magnet by my compass and I just can't figure it out .
Do hope he gets it going !!

LOL..heatstroke huh :) Naaaa
I have been trying to replicate his issue but can't short of just putting a strong magnet by my compass and I just can't figure it out .
Do hope he gets it going !!
yep i can see pics of phantom on towel on beach with shades on.
pics of phantom by pool on lounger with cocktail, shades, hat and a towel.
if you know what i mean

yep i can see pics of phantom on towel on beach with shades on.
pics of phantom by pool on lounger with cocktail, shades, hat and a towel.
if you know what i mean
clint-nod.gif

If it don't work it will be making its own way back to the UK via the Atlantic, well the case is water proof so should be ok, message in a bootle comes to mind:D:D
Hi Porky sorry to hear you are having a hard time with the compass. I had a bunch of issues going on with my P2V when I got the RPG (you heard about my nightmare couple of days) one of which was compass calibration. This may not have a **** thing to do with anything but who knows;) After about 20 tries to calibrate the compass one day I was about to try again and had the P2V sitting with the yellow lights on ready to give it one more shot when I saw the postman had delivered the mail so I went out to the mailbox grabbed the mail, talked to my neighbor a few minutes took the mail in the house and by this time the P2V had been sitting about 10 minutes. Well the yellow lights were still on so I picked her up and holy crap the compass calibration worked:D Since then I have had no trouble. Like I said leaving it sit in ready to calibrate mode for a while may not have had a **** thing to do with anything but it's worth a shot my friend;)

Reactions: dirkclod
the suspense is killin me
I know it's killing him too as he had sure planed on flying it there . Maybe someone else will come up with an answer .

I would try in multiple locations. I have never had issues doing this but I have only done it in the lower 48, never in the Caribbean, yet.
I assume you are but are you doing the dance correctly? Don't try to look like Michael Jackson while doing this!

Take a look at this video... Mitch is one of my favorite Youtubers! He'll show you compass calibration and hand catching. Check out his other vids when you get a chance. ;)

I would try in multiple locations. I have never had issues doing this but I have only done it in the lower 48, never in the Caribbean, yet.
I assume you are but are you doing the dance correctly? Don't try to look like Michael Jackson while doing this!

Take a look at this video... Mitch is one of my favorite Youtubers! He'll show you compass calibration and hand catching. Check out his other vids when you get a chance. ;)

oh no, do it like michael jackson with music (a bit of moonwalking would be nice) get wife to video said dance then upload to you tube
if it wont fly we gotta have something to watch after a 5 page build up

oh no, do it like michael jackson with music (a bit of moonwalking would be nice) get wife to video said dance then upload to you tube
if it wont fly we gotta have something to watch after a 5 page build up
GIF_michael_jackson_moonwalk.gif

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl