Airline damaged gimbal/camera - please help!!!

Reaction score
I just returned today from Croatia and Italy where I got some amazing aerial photos with the drone which I promise to post later.

I checked my Vision+ in my GoProfessional hard case in Venice, Italy this morning and when I arrived home to Miami this afternoon, I opened the case and found the gimble/camera completely apart. The plastic gimbal protector was completely thrown off and sitting in the bottom of the case. The entire camera assembly is still all held together with the black ribbon which does not appear to be damaged or severed.

I tried to put it back together on my own and got it back to looking like it does in the DJI photos. The problem is that it does not just 'snap' back together. The part where the gimbal connects to the fixed arm coming down from the drone has a tight connection. Where the camera connects to the movable gimble appears to be more of a problem as I cannot get the camera to connect tightly there.

When I power the drone on briefly, it jerks the gimbal back and forth but it does not settle down. I then have to power down the drone to make it stop.

F#%@ing Alitalia Airlines. The case has fragile stickers ALL over it!

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Vision Gimbal copy.jpg
    Vision Gimbal copy.jpg
    509.1 KB · Views: 554

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4