aircraft yaw issue

Reaction score
I have noticed my P4 yawing very slightly clockwise. It is hardly noticeable until i need to do a very straight run.

If i go forward and reverse several times, the aircraft will lose it's straight path track. Although not a huge deal, it's annoying to setup a perfect line only to see it go out of the path i want to film.

I saw another post on this, but it seems a remote calibration was needed, but i have already calibrated the remote, the compass, and IMU repeatedly.

Do loose or old propellers cause this maybe?

It is be possible if a prop has been distorted or damaged to the point it’s losing some lift and possibly causing erratic flight.

Reactions: nd34567890
Does the aircraft yaw at all during hover? Try that above the VPS sensor level, or turn the VPS off and see if you get the same results. It could be a very slow yaw, so try to hover for a while and watch the yaw angle, and your compass direction on the app and if it does yaw at all make sure the yaw indicator in the app follows the yaw direction.

Does the aircraft yaw at all during hover? Try that above the VPS sensor level, or turn the VPS off and see if you get the same results. It could be a very slow yaw, so try to hover for a while and watch the yaw angle, and your compass direction on the app and if it does yaw at all make sure the yaw indicator in the app follows the yaw direction.

Yes at hover... i will try messing with VPS. I will watch App compass.

It is be possible if a prop has been distorted or damaged to the point it’s losing some lift and possibly causing erratic flight.

i will try with new set of props too. (i've been kind to this set though,however, there is a little "play")

When you give this a try, don't touch the throttle stick after the hover starts. Just let it rotate ever so slowly and watch the compass on the app. See if it rotates 360º.

Reactions: nd34567890
no matter direction i'm facing ; no matter outside temperature; always clockwise.
Sorry. A joke for the Apollo buffs. :)

On the way to the moon the CSM/LM stack was put into a slow roll to keep the spacecraft evenly heated on all sides. Officially called passive thermal control or PTC. Colloquially called “rotisserie mode.” :)

Assuming the rotation issue is still there:

When you get this test finished, first go to this link and follow the instructions to upload the flight data from your device. DJI Flight Log Viewer
Copy and paste a link back here to the uploaded file.

Following that we will also need the .dat file from the aircraft itself. Go to this link and follow the instructions there. Note: You will need a sharable location to place the .dat file, such as dropbox, and place a link back here to that as well.

There are quite a few around here that could help in determining the rotation issue from this data.

Looks like it may have been old props. I put all new props and hovered 7 minutes without vps, then 7 minutes with vps. No rotation. I then repeated forward and reverse a bunch resulting in a little walk to the right, but nothing i can't correct in-flight i think.

Looks like it may have been old props.
Not necessarily old props but perhaps un-balanced one or more. Glad you found the issue. Keep the old props and re-balance for re-use. ;)

Reactions: Archangel3356

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik