Aircraft will not turn ON with fully charged battery

Reaction score
The other day I flew my P3A for awhile with no issues. After cool down on battery I went to charge it and the LED lights on the battery did NOT turn ON automatically showing a charge started. I hit the ON/OFF button on the battery and the #1 & 2 LEDs lit up and I continued to charge the battery normally. After fully charged I inserted the battery into the aircraft and the aircraft would NOT turn ON. I inserted my #2 battery and the aircraft worked normally except for a slight tilt in the camera after startup. I have to manually realign the camera thru the menu item each time I turn the aircraft ON now. I have two issues here and hoping for a cure from someone??

Thanks
ALR1955

After fully charged I inserted the battery into the aircraft and the aircraft would NOT turn ON.
This is going to sound really silly, but trust me, it happens more often than people will admit. Did you by chance miss the "Double Tap" for turn on? Evidently you did not
with the second battery, but it is always a possibility.

This is going to sound really silly, but trust me, it happens more often than people will admit. Did you by chance miss the "Double Tap" for turn on? Evidently you did not
with the second battery, but it is always a possibility.
Thanks - no I did the double tap even though you shouldn't have to do it to charge the battery. It is suppose to be automatic. The drone just won't turn ON with a fully charged battery??!!

ALR1955

It sounds like you mean the battery won't turn on (since you mentioned the #2 batt. powers up the a/c).

No - the battery turns ON normally and lights up showing a FULL charge on the LEDs. The aircraft will NOT turn ON and go thru its startup sequence.

ALR1955

Well. Inspect the terminals. This may be a common issue to your charging difficulties.

How about condition of data pin terminals?

Checked the battery closely with this odd issue. Terminals are identical to the battery that is working and checked the voltage of the battery to be around 15vdc. I'm figuring the problem is internal with the data pins since the aircraft will not turn ON but the battery voltage is ok. We do Marine Electronics on boats and I am an aircraft technician/inspector so we are pretty savvy with these kinds of components.

Thank you though
ALR1955

N017RW - I take it this is the "N" number for your drone or aircraft??

ALR1955
It’s fictitious. Been using it on my r/c a/c since the 70’s.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik