Aircraft Insurance Available At Purchase

Reaction score
I'm considering it. I will be receiving my first P3P tomorrow and didn't purchase the insurance when I bought it from dronesetc; however, after reading about various problems people have had I gotta say... I'm a little worried:eek:. I'm new to this level of quad, only had toys before. What do you think of their insurance?

I'm considering it. I will be receiving my first P3P tomorrow and didn't purchase the insurance when I bought it from dronesetc; however, after reading about various problems people have had I gotta say... I'm a little worried:eek:. I'm new to this level of quad, only had toys before. What do you think of their insurance?

I suppose like any insurance contract, read the entire policy carefully before purchase. Look at the exclusions language in particular and cross-reference that with the definitions, if any. If you're lucky, the plain language will be just that - plain language. And always remember, insurance companies are in business to make money, not to pay claims.

The "intentional" language troubles me. I can hear the insurance adjuster ask you the following:

Insurer: "So as you were flying towards the wall, did you intend to move the stick to the left?"

You: "Yes, I wanted to avoid hitting the wall."

Letter comes to you in the mail outlining the coverage exclusion for intentional damage and indicating that there is "regrettably no coverage because you intentionally moved the stick to the left resulting in a collision with a wall."

Silly? Maybe!

This statement............

"Although accidental coverage covers most damages it does not cover intentional damages of any kind or losses due to theft. This means if you have a so-called 'fly away' and are unable to locate your drone, you wouldn't be eligible for a replacement."

........................ doesn't make any sense. A flyaway is not "intentional", and it also is not "theft". So why wouldn't it be covered?!

They have a lot of wiggle room to say no. The text in the link makes it sound that impact is if you drop it, not crash it. Obviously if you crash it (your fault) it was not being used as manufacturer intended. It covers liquid damage but not immersion. So rain and sprinklers? Sounds like typical insurance garbage to me at a glance. Now, if "impact" covers a crash...SOLD!!!

L
I suppose like any insurance contract, read the entire policy carefully before purchase. Look at the exclusions language in particular and cross-reference that with the definitions, if any. If you're lucky, the plain language will be just that - plain language. And always remember, insurance companies are in business to make money, not to pay claims.

The "intentional" language troubles me. I can hear the insurance adjuster ask you the following:

Insurer: "So as you were flying towards the wall, did you intend to move the stick to the left?"

You: "Yes, I wanted to avoid hitting the wall."

Letter comes to you in the mail outlining the coverage exclusion for intentional damage and indicating that there is "regrettably no coverage because you intentionally moved the stick to the left resulting in a collision with a wall."

Silly? Maybe!
LOL! You're probably right there!

A heads up for anyone looking at joining the AMA................... their rates are going up in September, from $58 to $75. Now's the time if interested. Their liability insurance covers you "wherever" you fly, as long as you're following recommended safe flying practices.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/

A heads up for anyone looking at joining the AMA................... their rates are going up in September, from $58 to $75. Now's the time if interested. Their liability insurance covers you "wherever" you fly, as long as you're following recommended safe flying practices.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/

snerd, does AMA cover your drone if you are using it to capture footage for a client while observing the AMA Safety Code? Just curious if your still covered if you're flying for a fee.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snerd, does AMA cover your drone if you are using it to capture footage for a client while observing the AMA Safety Code? Just curious if your still covered if you're flying for a fee.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do not know, sorry. You will want to contact them for an answer. I doubt it, as they're a hobby-centric organization.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers