Again Video File Corrupted Help!

Reaction score
Again i have a video file corrupted filmed yesterday(22-Feb-2014) but the corrupted file shows date of 01-Jan-2014,Size 749 MB,Duration 00:06:14,Frame rate 29frames/second,Total bitrate 16796kbps,Data bitrate 16796kbps,Frame width 1920,Frame height 1080
Im so frustrated about that how to recover that file or other way to cure that please

If the clip is its still on the original microSD card, put it back in the Vision, power-up (Vision only), count to ten (Vision will examine the card n close any open files & update the index), power-down, remove card and your clip should be playable.

If you're talking about some other situation, give us some more details like: Where are you seeing the file properties? In File Explorer or Finder, or in an application? So presumably you can see its properties but not play it? Or are you just unhappy with the wrong date stamps?

iDrone :?:

iDrone said:
If the clip is its still on the original microSD card, put it back in the Vision, power-up (Vision only), count to ten (Vision will examine the card n close any open files & update the index), power-down, remove card and your clip should be playable.

If you're talking about some other situation, give us some more details like: Where are you seeing the file properties? In File Explorer or Finder, or in an application? So presumably you can see its properties but not play it? Or are you just unhappy with the wrong date stamps?

iDrone :?:
Dear iDrone i have done your method of turning on PV2 for 30 seconds and turn off it again but my video isn't recovered but i have many files corrupted by my PV2 all of them having modified date of 1-Jan-2008 and i am unable to understand which kind of problem is that
is this of micro sd card
or card reader
or PV2

So here's an important question to better understand the condition of your files: If you still have the original files on the microSD card and put the card back in your Vision, can you see them in the Album of the Vision app on your phone or pad and can you play them?

iDrone

iDrone said:
So here's an important question to better understand the condition of your files: If you still have the original files on the microSD card and put the card back in your Vision, can you see them in the Album of the Vision app on your phone or pad and can you play them?

iDrone
File downloaded but unable to play i use mx player in my android phone

iDrone said:

iDrone

I wish he would have answered this question as it would have been nice to know.

flyNfrank said:
iDrone said:

iDrone
Sometimes when extremely upset & feeling impending doom it's difficult for folks to remain calm and respond clearly (EMT's can tell you plenty).

I would have gone farther to explain a workaround for the half-file limitation, but I didn't think he'd be up to the task. Besides the program isn't unreasonably priced and if it saves the day will be a modest fee well-deserved by its creator.

iDrone ;)

When you start "recording", and shut down your p2v without "stopping" the "recording", you end up with an incomplete file. At least, this has been the case for me. Sometimes, I can pop the disc back into the p2v, start and stop a recording and it'll make the "previous" recording( which was the corrupt file ) fine.

That's been the case btw, in over. 90 % of the corrupt files I've encountered.

It seem. The camera needs to "finalize" a file much like when you create a DVD and won't (or can't) do that when the camera was shut off by means of powering down the drone, rather than hitting the record button a second time.

Elginet said:
That's been the case btw, in over. 90 % of the corrupt files I've encountered.

It seem. The camera needs to "finalize" a file much like when you create a DVD and won't (or can't) do that when the camera was shut off by means of powering down the drone, rather than hitting the record button a second time.
On record Vision opens a file to begin streaming data into it. When we manually stop recording the file is closed and the file map of the media (microSD) is updated to make it available to programs. If the file doesn't get closed, say from a power failure, the file map doesn't get updated. Power the Vision ON for 10-secs then OFF again will often close the file, but if the user has further damaged the clip or corrupted a perfectly good clip in an external reader or computer, then the file corruption may be beyond what the camera can remedy.

Additionally, in media files the headers may not get updated to reflect BOM & EOM, date & time, duration, properties, etc. Fortunately if we know the clip format (by suffix name and/examination of header) we can often fill-in the missing info because we know where they're supposed to be) then find the BOM & EOM and update pointers so we can scrub the clip's timeline. Finally, the file's flags are updated so it becomes visible again and reappears in Explorer or Finder or their equivalent in your OS of choice.

As the "streaming" is done in "groups of pictures" or "packets", if a corrupt clip has an incomplete GOP at the end, it will usually be deleted, hence a repaired clip often coming up shorter than the original by several seconds or more.

What I'm hoping DJI will try to do in a future upgrade is to detect when a user has initiated a Power-OFF request at the battery and stop any recording in progress before shutting the system down. This is one of the advantages of using a serially-linked smart battery and a camera that can be controlled over IP.

Another way to accomplish this is to allow the pilot to send a request to Power-OFF VISION from the Vision app, the app can then send a request to stop record followed by a request to Power-OFF and your clips would be fine.

iDrone :ugeek:

iDrone said:
flyNfrank said:
iDrone said:

iDrone
Sometimes when extremely upset & feeling impending doom it's difficult for folks to remain calm and respond clearly (EMT's can tell you plenty).

I would have gone farther to explain a workaround for the half-file limitation, but I didn't think he'd be up to the task. Besides the program isn't unreasonably priced and if it saves the day will be a modest fee well-deserved by its creator.

iDrone ;)

I had actually said to myself he's not going to respond back. And I was a little shocked you did. I thought well I guess sometimes even a nice guy can't be nice enough. I'm never that lucky when I ask for help. :lol:

I have been having the same problem.

I too have tried everything that has been previously suggested. I purchased 3 new scandisk ultra cards. Formatted all of them. Happens with each. I can watch the whole video on my iPhone before shutting down. But that does not ensure that the file will play on the computer.

Yesterday I did 5 short flights taking a new video each flight (each clip under 2 minutes). Never shut down during this time. Checked the album after each landing to see if I could play them. Each time I could. So I shut down to change location. After reconnecting, I went to the album and 2 of the 5 previously viewed videos now would not play. Shutting down and restarting never fixes them.

So I changed sd cards, and went back to shoot these clips again. This time I decided to cover the whole thing with one 11 minute flight and video. Landed and watched the whole video on my phone. All good. Packed up and drove to the next house to film. Started up, reconnected and the 11 minute video now was not playable.

I have tried every MP4 software tool I can find, and nothing fixes them. I am about to pull my last few hairs out! I cannot continue to waste time like this! I would like to download each video to my phone before shutting down - but they take so long to download, that I've run out of battery before the transfers complete.

Okay fellas - any suggestions? Did I get a lemon?

I have a Phantom Vision 2 Plus, that was flying and crashed hard when landing (said it had 20 percent battery), and the video I need it corrupt, but the Camera is now in two pieces, I am wondering if someone on here, could try and fix my video for me, with the put it back in the camera and let it finalize the file, my camera will not do it, as it is beheaded. Let me know and I could dropbox the video to you.

Duane

I use DJIFix. It's free and works on 80-90% of corrupted videos. The other 10-20% are supposed to be playable in VLC, but I haven't figured out how to get it to work.

Of the ones it does fix, the only problem I have found is that usually the last 10% of the video doesn't work, but at least you got most of your video back.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5260&p=243841#p243841

-Scott

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31