Aftermarket Batteries for P3 Advanced

Reaction score
Has anyone used aftermarket batteries for phantom 3 advanced or pro? I would like to buy a couple and remember reading that aftermarket was bad...
Has that changed now that dji doesn't make them anymore? And info on brands or websites would be helpful.

Thank

I would not like to use aftermarket batteries however if I was unable to upgrade to a newer drone I would have to use them to enable me to keep flying, cheers Len

Reactions: Mavikhan
If you can't get DJI ones then aftermarket must do.
When you get it try to test it at first so you can see what you can expect.
Charge it to full and start your drone. Hoower it 1m above soft ground and drain it to let's say 20%.
Observe the time and the voltage for each cell. The voltage drop must be smooth and almost equal for all 4 cells.
If the voltage drop under the specified value (I think around 3.3V - it is in the manual) then the drone will shut up the motors and fall to the ground. If everything is OK, then you can fly safely.

I have, there are 2 brands that I have used. One that looks identical to DJI batteries but the leds are considerably dimmer, typically under the brand name PowerExtra. They work fine and have been reliable in flight but I don't trust their BMS circuitry. It's not the same as DJI'S and does weird things. The other has different leds that look like bird feet and works and performs identically to DJI batteries. I can't remember the brand name.

Reactions: Phill2
I have, there are 2 brands that I have used. One that looks identical to DJI batteries but the leds are considerably dimmer, typically under the brand name PowerExtra. They work fine and have been reliable in flight but I don't trust their BMS circuitry. It's not the same as DJI'S and does weird things. The other has different leds that look like bird feet and works and performs identically to DJI batteries. I can't remember the brand name.
Lumsing, maybe?

I have the birds feet ones and they do work well. Got em from ebay.
Anyone know of aftermarket tx batteries?

I tried Expertpowr from Amazon. Electrically it appeared to be as good as OEM. However on the second flight the battery popped out and my P3P dropped. Fortunately I was hovering 2.5 feet above ground. Still caused a small crack. The latching mechanism does not work. The battery can be pulled out without pressing the release tabs.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31