After 50 flights, this is my only concern

Reaction score
I am still a nervous wreck when its time to update. I have the P4A+ with integrated controller.

I just got a new second battery so i decided to just update to the newest firmware today. My first experience was a 3 day stressful aggravating headache just to get it updated and in the air for the first flight. I just updated and both batteries seem fine to use, just took off and landed with them. I still can not update the new flight restrictions list, no matter what i try. Im heading back an hour away where i was this morning to get more footage of a railroad bridge and im nervous ill arrive and some tech issue will ruin my trip.

Honestly im so satiated with the Phantom how it flies, all its features, etc but when it comes to the updates and all these things to do and no real user interface i can not say im totally confident i wont be needing to send it back one day because i messed up an update or something froze and bricked it.

8/10

Lol @ "satiated", meant satisfied

Did you use the little attachment for your USB cable? The USB cable small end plugs into your controller and the USB end plugs into the adapter. Then that end plugs into your quad.

I agree, this DJI is a knee knocking devise. But when it's flying there's nothing like it.

Russ

Reactions: DocDiggler
I still can not update the new flight restrictions list, no matter what i try.

I haven't been able to update this either. It's not really problem per-se so I haven't delved too deep into it, but my last few flights the wonderful red "Firmware update required" banner started covering GPS status bar.

^ You know what i got that same banner once, took off, landed, hasnt shown up again lol and im totally clueless because it flew fine. Apparently ive updated it now. I rebooted it more than once.

I did use the USB which came with the drone, it got stuck at 99% for a while but seems to have updated. Last time it took me 3 days and i even had to use my desktop (because i think the integrated controller doesnt give you as many options to work with compared to a tablet etc.)

Took it out, got some amazing footage, used both batteries. Now my problem is i need a bigger SD card ! Lol, next week perhaps. Thanks for the replies! I feel much better since this updated so easy this time.

Yes, lots of stuff always going on with DJI. Back in November I started having trouble with DJI GO crashing every flight. I had tried to update and then got the error that my iPad was not compatible even though I had been using it for a month. I then switched to Litchi, which I consider a more advanced program and never looked back to DJI. Then late January my Phantom 4 suddenly flipped upside down and power dived into the ground from 200 feet. Even though the drone mostly survived and that same day flew again, the camera would hand in tilting. I got a taste of DJI's famous "customer service" and fought with them all of February trying to get them to tell me what went wrong. Each time I called or emailed, I got someone totally incompetent and never knew anything about my issue, telling me that they did not care enough to create a file for all to review. I then paid the repair bill and they sent me a new drone to shut me up but still refused to tell me why it crashed. I don't ever plan to send anything back to them for service. I'll even fix it myself or send it to someone else.

Good luck,
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: DroneTurismo

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel