Afraid of losing signal

Reaction score
I am planning a shot using Litchi that goes above and along an expressway interchange. The expressway is about 35m high. The furthest point is about 1.25km from home..I am worried that the Mavic will lose signal since the expressway is at a height and will block the transmission from the RC. Does the transmission drive the Mavic? or its via satellite? If its satellite, it should work fine.. Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks in advance !

S

I am worried that the Mavic will lose signal since the expressway is at a height and will block the transmission from the RC. Does the transmission drive the Mavic? or its via satellite?
If you run a waypoint mission in Litchi, the waypoints are loaded into the Phantom's memory and the mission flies even if signal from the controller is lost.
You need to be sure you have the route programmed properly because the mission will go exactly wherever you have programmed it to.

Reactions: anotherlab
Agree with meta. All my litchi flights I done in the past (and still do) ALWAYS loses signal, but the mission still carries on regardless. Never had an issue and always comes back

If I can make a suggestion. Most people program the last waypoint to come home. I have read in some cases where this has failed. Don’t know how true this is. I always set the last waypoint as close to the home position as possible with a height that clears all your obstructions along the way. Never had a failure, knock on wood.

Reactions: JazzAir
If I can make a suggestion. Most people program the last waypoint to come home. I have read in some cases where this has failed. Don’t know how true this is. I always set the last waypoint as close to the home position as possible with a height that clears all your obstructions along the way. Never had a failure, knock on wood.
I’ve never had a failure like this, but I always have made a point of doing the program to get the drone back over my own property as quickly as possible, even at the expense of a longer track... if it’s going down, I want it down on my own place...

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
If you run a waypoint mission in Litchi, the waypoints are loaded into the Phantom's memory and the mission flies even if signal from the controller is lost.
You need to be sure you have the route programmed properly because the mission will go exactly wherever you have programmed it to.
There’s a setting in litchi that tells it what to do once the mission has run. You can go home, land, do nothing, and a few other options as I can remember. If that is set correctly, the only thing that should be in question is having enough battery to get back home: that return trip isn’t included in the mission time you’re seeing as you build the program on the mission hub, as I remember..

Reactions: David_Cambridge
There’s a setting in litchi that tells it what to do once the mission has run. You can go home, land, do nothing, and a few other options as I can remember. If that is set correctly, the only thing that should be in question is having enough battery to get back home: that return trip isn’t included in the mission time you’re seeing as you build the program on the mission hub, as I remember..

The craft will auto return home if the battery runs low

I lost signal briefly, then it came back..it's all good. Thanks everyone ! appreciate the help

The signal was lost and then after a minute or so I got the signal again.. and mission finished without problems

Newbie questions here:

What is a litchi flight?
How do you do one?
What happens to the camera during flight, ie, how does it know where to look?

Thanks

Andrew

Newbie questions here:

What is a litchi flight?
How do you do one?
What happens to the camera during flight, ie, how does it know where to look?

Thanks

Andrew

• Litchi is a flight app, an alternative to GO. It costs more than any app I've ever paid for but it's worth it. I'm wary of downloading apps, especially flight apps, but after a lot of research last year i'm glad to have had it all this time, very powerful.
  • You 'do' a Litchi flight by downloading the app from either the Apple or Google App Store
  • You pre-program the camera to look where you want it to by creating points of interest (POIs) and waypoint actions. After more practice, I might get actually good at it ;)

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers